CPT

princessjdc

I wouldnt think so, but Im not even sure for myself. I think if you feel junky inside I dont see why you cant do your vest more than what the doc says to do.

princessjdc

I wouldnt think so, but Im not even sure for myself. I think if you feel junky inside I dont see why you cant do your vest more than what the doc says to do.

princessjdc

65rosessamurai

I think it depends on the degree of pounding.

If its the old-school method of having someone pound on you, you may feel achy due to the muscles getting stressed from the heavy pounding, and maybe the different positions to get the gunk out (if you're not a contortionist)

If its a machine (as in your case), then other than the electric bill being higher than usual, I don't see any other after-effect, but then I'm old-school cause I don't have a machine (actually, I found Judo and Aikido to be an effective form of CPT).

However, if you are feeling gunky, I suggest drinking more water to keep yourself hydrated, and if you happen to like drinking alchohol beverages, to cut down (the alcohol exits through the lungs, and can make them dryer than usual because of the evaporating characteristics of alcohol).

Cheers!

65rosessamurai

If its the old-school method of having someone pound on you, you may feel achy due to the muscles getting stressed from the heavy pounding, and maybe the different positions to get the gunk out (if you're not a contortionist)

If its a machine (as in your case), then other than the electric bill being higher than usual, I don't see any other after-effect, but then I'm old-school cause I don't have a machine (actually, I found Judo and Aikido to be an effective form of CPT).

However, if you are feeling gunky, I suggest drinking more water to keep yourself hydrated, and if you happen to like drinking alchohol beverages, to cut down (the alcohol exits through the lungs, and can make them dryer than usual because of the evaporating characteristics of alcohol).

Cheers!

65rosessamurai

<br />
<br />If its the old-school method of having someone pound on you, you may feel achy due to the muscles getting stressed from the heavy pounding, and maybe the different positions to get the gunk out (if you're not a contortionist)
<br />
<br />If its a machine (as in your case), then other than the electric bill being higher than usual, I don't see any other after-effect, but then I'm old-school cause I don't have a machine (actually, I found Judo and Aikido to be an effective form of CPT).
<br />
<br />However, if you are feeling gunky, I suggest drinking more water to keep yourself hydrated, and if you happen to like drinking alchohol beverages, to cut down (the alcohol exits through the lungs, and can make them dryer than usual because of the evaporating characteristics of alcohol).
<br />
<br />Cheers!

cnsky54RRT

I remember reading in a journal years ago about a study on the effectiveness of CPT. Volunteers with absolutely normal lung function did PFTs before and after sessions of hand-clapping thumping all over, and their average peak flows went up 10%. The 'exercise' popped open airways that were perhaps partially collapsed but not urgently needed due to the people having no particular lung pathologies. Other than inconvenience or chest muscle aches, there doesn't seem to be any reason not to do CPT as often as you want over and above what the doctor has prescribed in your care.

Since reading that article, I have thought that Tour de France competitors should skip the illegal doping and just have a therapist do CPT on each stage to increase lung function. I would be more than happy to take time off work to tour France with a team. Anyone listening out there?

cnsky54RRT

I remember reading in a journal years ago about a study on the effectiveness of CPT. Volunteers with absolutely normal lung function did PFTs before and after sessions of hand-clapping thumping all over, and their average peak flows went up 10%. The 'exercise' popped open airways that were perhaps partially collapsed but not urgently needed due to the people having no particular lung pathologies. Other than inconvenience or chest muscle aches, there doesn't seem to be any reason not to do CPT as often as you want over and above what the doctor has prescribed in your care.

Since reading that article, I have thought that Tour de France competitors should skip the illegal doping and just have a therapist do CPT on each stage to increase lung function. I would be more than happy to take time off work to tour France with a team. Anyone listening out there?

cnsky54RRT

<br />
<br />Since reading that article, I have thought that Tour de France competitors should skip the illegal doping and just have a therapist do CPT on each stage to increase lung function. I would be more than happy to take time off work to tour France with a team. Anyone listening out there?

ymikhale

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>cnsky54RRT</b></i>

Since reading that article, I have thought that Tour de France competitors should skip the illegal doping and just have a therapist do CPT on each stage to increase lung function. I would be more than happy to take time off work to tour France with a team. Anyone listening out there?</end quote></div>

I am from France and I I think it is a good idea. The thing is you have a lot of competition here since most of CPT is done by professional RTs who make house calls etc. On top of that we have a different CPT method (called French CPT by some by I am not sure about the official name), so clapping is likely to meet some resistance...

ymikhale

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>cnsky54RRT</b></i>

Since reading that article, I have thought that Tour de France competitors should skip the illegal doping and just have a therapist do CPT on each stage to increase lung function. I would be more than happy to take time off work to tour France with a team. Anyone listening out there?</end quote>

I am from France and I I think it is a good idea. The thing is you have a lot of competition here since most of CPT is done by professional RTs who make house calls etc. On top of that we have a different CPT method (called French CPT by some by I am not sure about the official name), so clapping is likely to meet some resistance...

ymikhale

<br />
<br />
<br />Since reading that article, I have thought that Tour de France competitors should skip the illegal doping and just have a therapist do CPT on each stage to increase lung function. I would be more than happy to take time off work to tour France with a team. Anyone listening out there?</end quote>
<br />
<br />I am from France and I I think it is a good idea. The thing is you have a lot of competition here since most of CPT is done by professional RTs who make house calls etc. On top of that we have a different CPT method (called French CPT by some by I am not sure about the official name), so clapping is likely to meet some resistance...