CRAP! H1N1

ctalbott0609

Soooo my wonderful hubby took me out to a fancy restaurant the other night. It was the first night I've been out of the house in DAYS....Anyways, I started feeling like my allergies were acting up at the restaurant, and by the end of that evening, I was starting to feel worse and worse.

I fought with what seemed to be my allergies, all day the next day, and finally gave in and took a Benadryl. After an early evening nap, I woke up and felt HORRIBLE!! I was achey, and stiff, and everything under the sun, minus vomiting, and a fever. This was Saturday night.

Finally, after fighting it for the next 2 days (Sunday and Monday), I woke up this morning (Tuesday) feeling absolutely fine. I had to call the Clinic today, to ask them to resend a letter regarding our Gas reimbursement for Medicaid, and I mentioned me being sick to the nurse, and told her what happened, and she got really concerned (I was already sweating bullets as is, wondering if it was the flu, and if I was going to get Paige sick)

Anyways, Paige is ultimately too young for Tamiflu, which is what she immediately wanted to start her on. Sooo, since we can't do that, she told me to watch for the symptoms of the Flu with Paige, and told me what to look for, and to call them, and then get our butts into her PCP asap if I noticed anything out of the norm.

My question is, how the heck am I supposed to tell if my daughter is Achey, or has any of the other symptoms?? I'm still so new to the whole CF thing, that I don't know exactly what her norms are right now. I mean, telling the difference between CF norms and Flu symptoms... She constantly has the huge messy diapers, and she coughs from time to time, and she sneezes, and I know she has allergies, she also spits up quite a bit if I don't stay right on her Zantac, or if she starts laughing too much, or cries too hard. I'm sooo paranoid! Can anyone help me?? Have any of you been through the Flu, or the Swine Flu, with a 3 month old??

ctalbott0609

Soooo my wonderful hubby took me out to a fancy restaurant the other night. It was the first night I've been out of the house in DAYS....Anyways, I started feeling like my allergies were acting up at the restaurant, and by the end of that evening, I was starting to feel worse and worse.

I fought with what seemed to be my allergies, all day the next day, and finally gave in and took a Benadryl. After an early evening nap, I woke up and felt HORRIBLE!! I was achey, and stiff, and everything under the sun, minus vomiting, and a fever. This was Saturday night.

Finally, after fighting it for the next 2 days (Sunday and Monday), I woke up this morning (Tuesday) feeling absolutely fine. I had to call the Clinic today, to ask them to resend a letter regarding our Gas reimbursement for Medicaid, and I mentioned me being sick to the nurse, and told her what happened, and she got really concerned (I was already sweating bullets as is, wondering if it was the flu, and if I was going to get Paige sick)

Anyways, Paige is ultimately too young for Tamiflu, which is what she immediately wanted to start her on. Sooo, since we can't do that, she told me to watch for the symptoms of the Flu with Paige, and told me what to look for, and to call them, and then get our butts into her PCP asap if I noticed anything out of the norm.

My question is, how the heck am I supposed to tell if my daughter is Achey, or has any of the other symptoms?? I'm still so new to the whole CF thing, that I don't know exactly what her norms are right now. I mean, telling the difference between CF norms and Flu symptoms... She constantly has the huge messy diapers, and she coughs from time to time, and she sneezes, and I know she has allergies, she also spits up quite a bit if I don't stay right on her Zantac, or if she starts laughing too much, or cries too hard. I'm sooo paranoid! Can anyone help me?? Have any of you been through the Flu, or the Swine Flu, with a 3 month old??

ctalbott0609

ctalbott0609

ctalbott0609

<br />
<br />I fought with what seemed to be my allergies, all day the next day, and finally gave in and took a Benadryl. After an early evening nap, I woke up and felt HORRIBLE!! I was achey, and stiff, and everything under the sun, minus vomiting, and a fever. This was Saturday night.
<br />
<br />Finally, after fighting it for the next 2 days (Sunday and Monday), I woke up this morning (Tuesday) feeling absolutely fine. I had to call the Clinic today, to ask them to resend a letter regarding our Gas reimbursement for Medicaid, and I mentioned me being sick to the nurse, and told her what happened, and she got really concerned (I was already sweating bullets as is, wondering if it was the flu, and if I was going to get Paige sick)
<br />
<br />Anyways, Paige is ultimately too young for Tamiflu, which is what she immediately wanted to start her on. Sooo, since we can't do that, she told me to watch for the symptoms of the Flu with Paige, and told me what to look for, and to call them, and then get our butts into her PCP asap if I noticed anything out of the norm.
<br />
<br /> My question is, how the heck am I supposed to tell if my daughter is Achey, or has any of the other symptoms?? I'm still so new to the whole CF thing, that I don't know exactly what her norms are right now. I mean, telling the difference between CF norms and Flu symptoms... She constantly has the huge messy diapers, and she coughs from time to time, and she sneezes, and I know she has allergies, she also spits up quite a bit if I don't stay right on her Zantac, or if she starts laughing too much, or cries too hard. I'm sooo paranoid! Can anyone help me?? Have any of you been through the Flu, or the Swine Flu, with a 3 month old??

B

brewz2

Definitely watch to see if she spikes a fever. I would think if she starts getting excessively cranky and fussy that maybe she's achey. Hope you start feeling better soon.

Tracey, mom to Sydney 8 w/c and asthma - Seth 4 w/cf both DDF508

B

brewz2

Definitely watch to see if she spikes a fever. I would think if she starts getting excessively cranky and fussy that maybe she's achey. Hope you start feeling better soon.

B

brewz2

B

brewz2

B

brewz2

<br />
<br />Tracey, mom to Sydney 8 w/c and asthma - Seth 4 w/cf both DDF508

S

semperfiohana

when aj had the flu a few weeks ago, he's 15 months old. he didn't want to play with any of his toys, he just wanted to be held and wanted to sit right there with you. he also slept ALOT! normally he won't fall asleep in my arms unless he is dead dog tired. while we were on our way to the peds office he fell asleep in the car, it's a 15 min car if that. he fell asleep in my arms waiting on test results, which was another 15 min. he doesn't have cf though. he had a very high fever. started at 102.5 after tylenol. he had the tylenol in his system for an hour before i took his temp cause he felt hot to me. a couple hours later after he had more tylenol it actually went up tow 103.5. so watch for a fever, very sleep, runny runny poop. aj's looked almost like water and believe me when i say his poop is normally pretty gross itself. they put him on tamiflu and me on tamiflu as a precaution.

S

semperfiohana

when aj had the flu a few weeks ago, he's 15 months old. he didn't want to play with any of his toys, he just wanted to be held and wanted to sit right there with you. he also slept ALOT! normally he won't fall asleep in my arms unless he is dead dog tired. while we were on our way to the peds office he fell asleep in the car, it's a 15 min car if that. he fell asleep in my arms waiting on test results, which was another 15 min. he doesn't have cf though. he had a very high fever. started at 102.5 after tylenol. he had the tylenol in his system for an hour before i took his temp cause he felt hot to me. a couple hours later after he had more tylenol it actually went up tow 103.5. so watch for a fever, very sleep, runny runny poop. aj's looked almost like water and believe me when i say his poop is normally pretty gross itself. they put him on tamiflu and me on tamiflu as a precaution.

S

semperfiohana

S

semperfiohana

S

semperfiohana

M

Mommafirst

Aww man, that stinks, I'm glad you are feeling better and I really hope that Paige still has some good immunity to prevent this from getting to her. I really think if she is achy and unhappy you will know. Kids spike higher fevers that adults, so she'll likely get a fever as well. I really hope this misses her. (((HUGS)))

M

Mommafirst

Aww man, that stinks, I'm glad you are feeling better and I really hope that Paige still has some good immunity to prevent this from getting to her. I really think if she is achy and unhappy you will know. Kids spike higher fevers that adults, so she'll likely get a fever as well. I really hope this misses her. (((HUGS)))

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst