Creon 5 to Creon 10

JoshuasMom

We switched from the Creon 5 to the Creon 10 when DS was about 6 months old. His GI switched him when he started have the frequent, loose, greasy stools. He was switched again at about 12 months old for the same reason... now we are on the Ultrase MT12s.

JoshuasMom

We switched from the Creon 5 to the Creon 10 when DS was about 6 months old. His GI switched him when he started have the frequent, loose, greasy stools. He was switched again at about 12 months old for the same reason... now we are on the Ultrase MT12s.

JoshuasMom

JoshuasMom

JoshuasMom

A

Andrea

Ben is almost 11 months and he takes 4 creon 5 with each feeding. The cf clinic said since he is on a higher dose of creon they wanted to wait to make sure he didn't have any problems before they switchtd him to 2 creon 10 per feeding at the next visit. (They said 5's were easier increments to work with if there was a problem with constipation; which I don't think I ever have to worry about.)The only difference between creon 5 and 10 is that you would use less capsules with creon 10; and the 10's are a little bigger.
IE- 4 creon 5=2 creon 10

A

Andrea

Ben is almost 11 months and he takes 4 creon 5 with each feeding. The cf clinic said since he is on a higher dose of creon they wanted to wait to make sure he didn't have any problems before they switchtd him to 2 creon 10 per feeding at the next visit. (They said 5's were easier increments to work with if there was a problem with constipation; which I don't think I ever have to worry about.)The only difference between creon 5 and 10 is that you would use less capsules with creon 10; and the 10's are a little bigger.
IE- 4 creon 5=2 creon 10

A

Andrea

IE- 4 creon 5=2 creon 10

A

Andrea

IE- 4 creon 5=2 creon 10

A

Andrea

<br />IE- 4 creon 5=2 creon 10

crickit715

sophie was put on creon 10's at 9months old, it was easier to take 3 creon 10's than 6 creon 5's with each meal...she is also probobly going to be increased the next time we go to the cf clinic because she has gained alot of weight (yeah!!), is eating regular fat filled, protien filled food now and her stool is becoming bulky and HUGE again. i think it just all depends on the individual child.Good luck!

crickit715

sophie was put on creon 10's at 9months old, it was easier to take 3 creon 10's than 6 creon 5's with each meal...she is also probobly going to be increased the next time we go to the cf clinic because she has gained alot of weight (yeah!!), is eating regular fat filled, protien filled food now and her stool is becoming bulky and HUGE again. i think it just all depends on the individual child.Good luck!

crickit715

crickit715

crickit715