Creon Composition

sweetninis

hi all,

i have a Q. about Creon yesterday i was reading about creon it says each creon capsule is a combination of

Lipase

Amylase
and

Protease

my question is that in creon there are little pieces does these three things are combined in each pieces(unit) or there are different pieces of lipase amylase and protese(i mean out of so many pieces 1 is of lipase 1 is of amylase i hope u got my point)

dont mind my asking but that question is really wandering in my mind if someone know plz answer i'll be really thankful

R

RytheStunner

All of the pancreatic enzymes are made up of these three enzymes. Typically, the value we see in our enzyme brand is the units of Lipase in it, since we have more difficulty breaking down fats (Lipase) than we do Proteins (Protese) and Carbohydrates (Amylase)

Printer

CREON (pancrelipase) is made up of a formulation of Lipase, Protease and Amylase. Each capsule contains pancrelipase in enteric spheres.

So the answer is no. They are combined in the manufacturing process and then formed into spheres.

Bill

sweetninis

So if a patient take half capsule of 10000 iu. It means he took 5000 iu of enzymes and he doesn't have to worry that may be he picked up all the amalyse or protese while eating half a capsule

Printer

NO! NO! NO! Read my post above. Each little piece, inside a capsule, contains a % of each Lipase, Protease and Amylase. These three make up the ENZYME.

You, or anyone else, cannot separate these three.

Aboveallislove

Super Moderator
Bill,
I think she is asking this: Doctors tell us to give our little ones 1.5 capsules b/c they are so little and dosing can't be done smaller or they are growing to a higher dose. So, if we split one capsule, say it has 10 little beads into 5, will we be getting 1/2 a dose, i.e. does each bead have a little of each ingredient. Or are 4 beads one, 4 beads another, and 2 beads another, so we could be getting all of one of the ingredients and none of the other. I don't know if it differs for Creon, but the one we used when DS was a newborn they beads actually looked different and the doctor told use they were different things, so I tried to get a little of each. But with Zenpep they all look alike. Does this make sense what I'm asking? (I'm pretty sure she is asking the same thing b/c i remember being in a panic over that too when our son was tiny.)

Printer

Thanks Love:

If you open a CREON capsule, every little ball is the same size and same color BECAUSE they are all the same. They are the same in size, color and content. No little ball is different than any other ball.

Bill

Aboveallislove

Super Moderator
Thanks Bill! I'm pretty sure she was asking that, so taking half of the beads would have an equal amount of all the meds. (I too was curious b/c I thought they were all different in part b/c the ones we used at first Ultrase had different looking ones and dr indicated that was b/c of different ingredients.)

sweetninis

Love you r 100% right I exactly mean if each ball inside creon capsule contain all lipase protese and amylase combined and we donot have to worry if we take haif capsule that we are picking all lipase or protese

sweetninis

So I don't have to worry if I decide to give my daughter half a 2500 units of creon capsules when she is not in a mood to eat her full meal and then I give her the remaining capsule whenever she decides to eat again her meal?(my daughter is almost 1 year)

Aboveallislove

Super Moderator
Did the doctors tell you a dosing for meals versus snacks? I'm assuming they said 1/2 a pill for snacks, in which case YES. Also, make sure you split the enzyme before you mix it in anything because the enzymes cannot stay in the apple sauce or whatever you are using to give it to her for very long. So split the enzyme amount and then put 1/2 in the apple sauce, etc.