Creon

CJPsMom

Our LO has a feeding tube and about the only thing he's getting orally now is the enzyme.  He's been cut off from some likely allergens for over 6 weeks now, but still seems to be having pain in his throat when he eats.<br><br>We were told early on that it could create sores in his mouth if it didn't get swallowed so we're beginning to wonder if it's the enzyme.  Has anyone had any problems like this or similar with Creon?  <br><br><br>

CJPsMom

Our LO has a feeding tube and about the only thing he's getting orally now is the enzyme. He's been cut off from some likely allergens for over 6 weeks now, but still seems to be having pain in his throat when he eats.<br><br>We were told early on that it could create sores in his mouth if it didn't get swallowed so we're beginning to wonder if it's the enzyme. Has anyone had any problems like this or similar with Creon? <br><br><br>

CJPsMom

Our LO has a feeding tube and about the only thing he's getting orally now is the enzyme. He's been cut off from some likely allergens for over 6 weeks now, but still seems to be having pain in his throat when he eats.<br><br>We were told early on that it could create sores in his mouth if it didn't get swallowed so we're beginning to wonder if it's the enzyme. Has anyone had any problems like this or similar with Creon? <br><br><br>

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
We'd always make sure to wash down the enzyme beads with DS' bottle. They'd tell us to check his mouth after his feedings and there usually weren't any. Is he taking them whole or are you sprinkling the contents onto something.

When he was on pancreacarb for a brief time in the NICU, I was forever finding those darn beads in my clothes, on the floor -- and if they got on my skin, they'd leave a red mark.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
We'd always make sure to wash down the enzyme beads with DS' bottle. They'd tell us to check his mouth after his feedings and there usually weren't any. Is he taking them whole or are you sprinkling the contents onto something.

When he was on pancreacarb for a brief time in the NICU, I was forever finding those darn beads in my clothes, on the floor -- and if they got on my skin, they'd leave a red mark.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<br />
<br />When he was on pancreacarb for a brief time in the NICU, I was forever finding those darn beads in my clothes, on the floor -- and if they got on my skin, they'd leave a red mark.

CJPsMom

He's not able to take them whole yet.  He gets the 3 daytime feeds (when we're able to get them in him) from the beads in applesauce.  <br><br>For his other 3 feeds, we crush the beads & put it directly in the formula for the tube.<br><br><br>

CJPsMom

He's not able to take them whole yet. He gets the 3 daytime feeds (when we're able to get them in him) from the beads in applesauce. <br><br>For his other 3 feeds, we crush the beads & put it directly in the formula for the tube.<br><br><br>

CJPsMom

He's not able to take them whole yet. He gets the 3 daytime feeds (when we're able to get them in him) from the beads in applesauce. <br><br>For his other 3 feeds, we crush the beads & put it directly in the formula for the tube.<br><br><br>