cross contamination at school

K

kaylee04cassidy08

what does your CF Center say? I would start there....

K

kaylee04cassidy08

K

kaylee04cassidy08

K

kaylee04cassidy08

K

kaylee04cassidy08

LouLou

...and what about bathrooms. Does each class room have it's own bathroom or will all the kids share toilets as well? Maybe you could reach out to the other parent's via the school. If you are both raising stinks they will likely move more swiftly. Offer your phone number and go from there. Have you talked w/ your doctor? Do you assume they see the same doctor as your child's?

LouLou

...and what about bathrooms. Does each class room have it's own bathroom or will all the kids share toilets as well? Maybe you could reach out to the other parent's via the school. If you are both raising stinks they will likely move more swiftly. Offer your phone number and go from there. Have you talked w/ your doctor? Do you assume they see the same doctor as your child's?

LouLou

LouLou

LouLou

<br />
<br />

M

Mommafirst

Yikes, yeah that would concern me. . . I'm sure you can find a way to work it out, but keep in mind that you and the other parents are likely the only ones who know how important it is to keep them and their things seperate. Also, the school probably has policies about NOT sharing private info between parents, so the fact that no one told you is not surprising to me. So many people don't know about CF enough to realize that there needs to be some coordination.

But the good thing is that you know now. I'd call the CF social worker and see if she (he?) can get involved. Possibly an intervention from the CF center will show the importance of taking care of all the specifics before school starts.

I know a local set of twins with CF that will be going to school when Alyssa does. I'm glad that I am friendly with the mom and we will work to figure it all out. Even if it means I will open enroll Alyssa elsewhere, I'm sure we'll find a way to make it work for everyone. I hope you will be able to as well.

M

Mommafirst

Yikes, yeah that would concern me. . . I'm sure you can find a way to work it out, but keep in mind that you and the other parents are likely the only ones who know how important it is to keep them and their things seperate. Also, the school probably has policies about NOT sharing private info between parents, so the fact that no one told you is not surprising to me. So many people don't know about CF enough to realize that there needs to be some coordination.

But the good thing is that you know now. I'd call the CF social worker and see if she (he?) can get involved. Possibly an intervention from the CF center will show the importance of taking care of all the specifics before school starts.

I know a local set of twins with CF that will be going to school when Alyssa does. I'm glad that I am friendly with the mom and we will work to figure it all out. Even if it means I will open enroll Alyssa elsewhere, I'm sure we'll find a way to make it work for everyone. I hope you will be able to as well.

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

<br />
<br />But the good thing is that you know now. I'd call the CF social worker and see if she (he?) can get involved. Possibly an intervention from the CF center will show the importance of taking care of all the specifics before school starts.
<br />
<br />I know a local set of twins with CF that will be going to school when Alyssa does. I'm glad that I am friendly with the mom and we will work to figure it all out. Even if it means I will open enroll Alyssa elsewhere, I'm sure we'll find a way to make it work for everyone. I hope you will be able to as well.

T

TonyaH

I would suggest setting up a 504 plan. Your school counselor can help you get the ball rolling. This will involve your clinic, and will explain the reason it is so important to keep this children apart. I would also be on an all-out education mission to make sure all specials teachers, office staff, etc. understand what is going on. The 504 will protect you from school staff who do not take this seriously.

We have never dealt with this issue, but with my son starting middle school, we are starting a 504 plan this year. Good luck!

T

TonyaH

I would suggest setting up a 504 plan. Your school counselor can help you get the ball rolling. This will involve your clinic, and will explain the reason it is so important to keep this children apart. I would also be on an all-out education mission to make sure all specials teachers, office staff, etc. understand what is going on. The 504 will protect you from school staff who do not take this seriously.

We have never dealt with this issue, but with my son starting middle school, we are starting a 504 plan this year. Good luck!

T

TonyaH

T

TonyaH

T

TonyaH

<br />
<br />We have never dealt with this issue, but with my son starting middle school, we are starting a 504 plan this year. Good luck!
<br />