CT scans and our little CFers

ponytails

Hi. My daughter just had a CT scan that showed moderate to severe bronchiectasis in her right middle lobe and lingula. Just curious to know if other parents have received similiar results from their own childrens CT scans. Thanks!

ponytails

Hi. My daughter just had a CT scan that showed moderate to severe bronchiectasis in her right middle lobe and lingula. Just curious to know if other parents have received similiar results from their own childrens CT scans. Thanks!

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Is this at an accredditted CF Center? Does she have any symptoms? What does your CF Doctor/Radiologist say about it.?

DS used to have issues with regular xrays showing similar issues, along with infiltration, only to show up normal or I should say with a few minor issues on a ct scan. The xrays were done at the local hospital by individuals not all that familiar with CF while his CT and Lung Scans were done at a Children's Hospital with a larger CF Center. So they knew what to look for....

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Is this at an accredditted CF Center? Does she have any symptoms? What does your CF Doctor/Radiologist say about it.?

DS used to have issues with regular xrays showing similar issues, along with infiltration, only to show up normal or I should say with a few minor issues on a ct scan. The xrays were done at the local hospital by individuals not all that familiar with CF while his CT and Lung Scans were done at a Children's Hospital with a larger CF Center. So they knew what to look for....

ponytails

Were at Childrens hospital Los Angeles. They have a large CF center there. Shes on Pulmozyme. No Hypertonic Saline. They said they dont prescribe it until 6yrs of age due to possible irritation. Her right middle lobe has always been her problem spot. Shows up on every xray and only clears up about 50% after IV antiboics. Clinicaly she is excellent. Growing well, lots of energy, no cough, FEV 102. We meet with the dr. this wednesday to see what he suggests. Thanks 4 your replies!

ponytails

Were at Childrens hospital Los Angeles. They have a large CF center there. Shes on Pulmozyme. No Hypertonic Saline. They said they dont prescribe it until 6yrs of age due to possible irritation. Her right middle lobe has always been her problem spot. Shows up on every xray and only clears up about 50% after IV antiboics. Clinicaly she is excellent. Growing well, lots of energy, no cough, FEV 102. We meet with the dr. this wednesday to see what he suggests. Thanks 4 your replies!