CT SCANS

C

caza

I have had about 6 of these and my consultant is reluctant to let me have another because he says it can be dangerous with lots of radiation which does not dissipate and stays in the body.  Probably I will eventually need another but how many is too many - has anyone else has quite a few of these.

C

caza

I have had about 6 of these and my consultant is reluctant to let me have another because he says it can be dangerous with lots of radiation which does not dissipate and stays in the body. Probably I will eventually need another but how many is too many - has anyone else has quite a few of these.

C

caza

I have had about 6 of these and my consultant is reluctant to let me have another because he says it can be dangerous with lots of radiation which does not dissipate and stays in the body. Probably I will eventually need another but how many is too many - has anyone else has quite a few of these.

lilaonholiday

Yes, I'd be very careful. I've had too many to count over the years. A consultant warned me that I had probably taken enough radiation to give me 80+% chance of cancer if I lived a good number of years more. That was only 7 years ago and I have just been diagnosed with end stage cancer. I don't have any proof that these scans caused the cancer, it could just be CF doing it's thing as I am 41. If you do have quite a few of these scans, maybe it would be advisable to get checked for any abnormalities on an annual basis. Maybe tests like mri, ultrasound or colonoscopy type ones, that don't involve radiation. Sorry don't mean to worry you, but also wouldn't want to see anyone else end up in my current situation as a result of radiation from scans.

lilaonholiday

Yes, I'd be very careful. I've had too many to count over the years. A consultant warned me that I had probably taken enough radiation to give me 80+% chance of cancer if I lived a good number of years more. That was only 7 years ago and I have just been diagnosed with end stage cancer. I don't have any proof that these scans caused the cancer, it could just be CF doing it's thing as I am 41. If you do have quite a few of these scans, maybe it would be advisable to get checked for any abnormalities on an annual basis. Maybe tests like mri, ultrasound or colonoscopy type ones, that don't involve radiation. Sorry don't mean to worry you, but also wouldn't want to see anyone else end up in my current situation as a result of radiation from scans.

lilaonholiday

tessa55454

I work in CT, and you always want to eliminate radiation as much as possible. To keep track of your own radiation go to xrayrisk.com or .org; I forget exactly. It's educational and enlightening actually. Take care.

tessa55454

I work in CT, and you always want to eliminate radiation as much as possible. To keep track of your own radiation go to xrayrisk.com or .org; I forget exactly. It's educational and enlightening actually. Take care.

tessa55454