Culture "BUG" Grew

Tinymiracle1

<P>Has any of you or your children grew this bug:</P>
<P> </P>
<P>Stenotrophomonas Maltiphilia</P>
<P> </P>
<P>If so, what type of treatment did you receive?  Did it irradicate it completely or is it something that continues to come back and just lurks in hiding for the next time it wants to present?</P>
<P> </P>
<P>We are currently inpatient because she is very ill.  )=</P>
<P> </P>
<P>Thanks for your help if you have any advice/comments about this bug.</P>
<P> </P>

Tinymiracle1

<P>Has any of you or your children grew this bug:</P>
<P></P>
<P></P>
<P>If so, what type of treatment did you receive? Did it irradicate it completely or is it something that continues to come back and just lurks in hiding for the next time it wants to present?</P>
<P></P>
<P>We are currently inpatient because she is very ill. )=</P>
<P></P>
<P></P>

Tinymiracle1

<P><BR>Has any of you or your children grew this bug:</P>
<P></P>
<P></P>
<P>If so, what type of treatment did you receive? Did it irradicate it completely or is it something that continues to come back and just lurks in hiding for the next time it wants to present?</P>
<P></P>
<P>We are currently inpatient because she is very ill. )=</P>
<P></P>
<P></P>

rubyroselee

Culture

Hi there,

I cultured steno for the first time last year. The doctor didn't seem too concerned and we did not change my treatment regimen at all. From the research I have done online, it seems that it can be harmful to CFers on the level like staph, although I haven't had any issues from it yet...my main problem is still pseudo. Hope that eases your mind a little about it. Hope your daughter gets better soon,.

rubyroselee

Culture

Hi there,

I cultured steno for the first time last year. The doctor didn't seem too concerned and we did not change my treatment regimen at all. From the research I have done online, it seems that it can be harmful to CFers on the level like staph, although I haven't had any issues from it yet...my main problem is still pseudo. Hope that eases your mind a little about it. Hope your daughter gets better soon,.

rubyroselee

Culture

Hi there,
<br />
<br />I cultured steno for the first time last year. The doctor didn't seem too concerned and we did not change my treatment regimen at all. From the research I have done online, it seems that it can be harmful to CFers on the level like staph, although I haven't had any issues from it yet...my main problem is still pseudo. Hope that eases your mind a little about it. Hope your daughter gets better soon,.

Jane

Digital opinion leader
Culture

My sons have cultured SM from time to time. They were treated with Bactrim for a while, but it doens't seem to be a bug of too much concern. Like Leah, my boys have a bigger problem with their Psuedo.
I hope your daughter gets home soon.

Jane

Digital opinion leader
Culture

My sons have cultured SM from time to time. They were treated with Bactrim for a while, but it doens't seem to be a bug of too much concern. Like Leah, my boys have a bigger problem with their Psuedo.
I hope your daughter gets home soon.

Jane

Digital opinion leader
Culture

<br />I hope your daughter gets home soon.
<br />

Tinymiracle1

Culture

Thank you ladies. The CF doc said this was in the pseudomonas family. It is wrecking havoc on my little one. She was on bactrim for two weeks and during that time is when it went wild. I am just hoping with the two CF antibiotics they are using, since this is her first exposure to this particular bug, that she will respond well with it. She also has tons of other cultures pending too. Hope to get that back on Monday as we know nothing ever happens during a weekend in the hospital. (=

Hope you and your families are having a great weekend. Thanks for replying to this. (=

Tinymiracle1

Culture

Thank you ladies. The CF doc said this was in the pseudomonas family. It is wrecking havoc on my little one. She was on bactrim for two weeks and during that time is when it went wild. I am just hoping with the two CF antibiotics they are using, since this is her first exposure to this particular bug, that she will respond well with it. She also has tons of other cultures pending too. Hope to get that back on Monday as we know nothing ever happens during a weekend in the hospital. (=

Hope you and your families are having a great weekend. Thanks for replying to this. (=

Tinymiracle1

Culture

<br />
<br />Hope you and your families are having a great weekend. Thanks for replying to this. (=

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Culture

DS cultured when he was 4. Really no symptoms except he'd had this odd throat clearing cough, which I thought was just a habit. When the doctor put him on septra, the cough went away.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Culture

DS cultured when he was 4. Really no symptoms except he'd had this odd throat clearing cough, which I thought was just a habit. When the doctor put him on septra, the cough went away.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Culture

amber682

Culture

<P>My son started culturing this around age 3? We did not change anything, they said they only treat it if it's causing trouble. It shows up in cultures here and there, no real problems.</P>
<P> </P>

amber682

Culture

<P>My son started culturing this around age 3? We did not change anything, they said they only treat it if it's causing trouble. It shows up in cultures here and there, no real problems.</P>
<P></P>

amber682

Culture

<P><BR>My son started culturing this around age 3? We did not change anything, they said they only treat it if it's causing trouble. It shows up in cultures here and there, no real problems.</P>
<P></P>