CVS test and more than one CF child

dlo2977

I haven't had it done, but I have discussed all of the options with my OB in case we decide to have another child. She actually doesn't recommend CVS for a couple reasons. One is that it carries a higher risk of miscarriage and the other is that it can give you a false negative. If you aren't going to abort but just want to know, I would wait and do an ammnio a few weeks later. There is also a brand new test coming out that can be done as early as 8 weeks where they draw blood and are able to separate out fetal cells from the circulation. They can test those cells for CF (all off a blood sample). My OB said it would be available in 6-9 months but you could ask about it....

dlo2977

I haven't had it done, but I have discussed all of the options with my OB in case we decide to have another child. She actually doesn't recommend CVS for a couple reasons. One is that it carries a higher risk of miscarriage and the other is that it can give you a false negative. If you aren't going to abort but just want to know, I would wait and do an ammnio a few weeks later. There is also a brand new test coming out that can be done as early as 8 weeks where they draw blood and are able to separate out fetal cells from the circulation. They can test those cells for CF (all off a blood sample). My OB said it would be available in 6-9 months but you could ask about it....

dlo2977

dlo2977

dlo2977

hopefulmommy

I didn't have a CVS but I did get an amnio - I would not have aborted, but I just needed to know for my own sanity, though I was preparing myself to raise another child with CF. It's such a hard decision (((HUGS))))

hopefulmommy

I didn't have a CVS but I did get an amnio - I would not have aborted, but I just needed to know for my own sanity, though I was preparing myself to raise another child with CF. It's such a hard decision (((HUGS))))

hopefulmommy

hopefulmommy

hopefulmommy