Cystic Fibrosis and Type 1 Diabetes

redhott39

Hello everyone, my 18 month old son was diagnosed with cf at birth and type 1 diabetes at 13 months. Im looking for a family with a similar child to discuss our lives. I've found only two people who have kids like mine but there almost teenagers and were diagnosed later in life, unlike my son. Im beginning to think he is literally one of a kind to have both so young. Please respond if you can help me. Thank you

redhott39

Hello everyone, my 18 month old son was diagnosed with cf at birth and type 1 diabetes at 13 months. Im looking for a family with a similar child to discuss our lives. I've found only two people who have kids like mine but there almost teenagers and were diagnosed later in life, unlike my son. Im beginning to think he is literally one of a kind to have both so young. Please respond if you can help me. Thank you

redhott39

camperscove

Hi! This does not truly give you what you're looking for, but in the August 2010 issue of US News and World Report there is a huge spread on Cincinnati Children's and families with CF. On page 52 & 53 there is a picture of a 6 year old boy giving himself an insulin injection. The caption reads that he's done so since age 2. It doesn't tell what age he was diagnosed with CF and they are labeling his diabetes as CF-related. So this isn't identical to your son's diagnosis but fairly similar.
If you haven't asked your clinic staff for similar families really think about doing it! Our family has been asked on more than one occasion to talk to other families that are similar to ours. I'll email our nurse and ask if she's heard of this and let you know what she says!

camperscove

Hi! This does not truly give you what you're looking for, but in the August 2010 issue of US News and World Report there is a huge spread on Cincinnati Children's and families with CF. On page 52 & 53 there is a picture of a 6 year old boy giving himself an insulin injection. The caption reads that he's done so since age 2. It doesn't tell what age he was diagnosed with CF and they are labeling his diabetes as CF-related. So this isn't identical to your son's diagnosis but fairly similar.
If you haven't asked your clinic staff for similar families really think about doing it! Our family has been asked on more than one occasion to talk to other families that are similar to ours. I'll email our nurse and ask if she's heard of this and let you know what she says!

camperscove

<br />If you haven't asked your clinic staff for similar families really think about doing it! Our family has been asked on more than one occasion to talk to other families that are similar to ours. I'll email our nurse and ask if she's heard of this and let you know what she says!

redhott39

hey, thanks so much for the info ill check it out, im planning on asking our social worker at the hospital to help me look too!

redhott39

hey, thanks so much for the info ill check it out, im planning on asking our social worker at the hospital to help me look too!

redhott39