Cystic Fibrosis Related Diabetes

Randie508

Okay a Hemoglobin A1C is a test the endocrinologists do with primarily a finger poke. They check over the course of the last three months to whether or not her blood sugars have been high, low, or within normal range.

6.1-6.5 is normal, and anything else either high (above 6.6) or low (below 6.0).

And the reason that I asked about the insulin is because they may be able to do the ratio with her. Schyler's is currently 1 unit to 20 grams of carbohydrates per meal. And if his BS is up at snack times, when we check it, he gets 1/2 unit per every 50 that it's above 150.

If none of this makes sense, let me know. I will try to help you as much as i can. I know i was very confused when I started all of this.

Randie508

Okay a Hemoglobin A1C is a test the endocrinologists do with primarily a finger poke. They check over the course of the last three months to whether or not her blood sugars have been high, low, or within normal range.

6.1-6.5 is normal, and anything else either high (above 6.6) or low (below 6.0).

And the reason that I asked about the insulin is because they may be able to do the ratio with her. Schyler's is currently 1 unit to 20 grams of carbohydrates per meal. And if his BS is up at snack times, when we check it, he gets 1/2 unit per every 50 that it's above 150.

If none of this makes sense, let me know. I will try to help you as much as i can. I know i was very confused when I started all of this.

Randie508

Randie508

Randie508

Randie508