Danger if vest settings too high?

kitomd21

Thank you - she's coughing less...definitely improving. I was alarmed yesterday because I've never seen her with coughing "fits" and gagging followed by vomiting. We called in a prescription after three days of coughing. Upon picking up the rx, I said we should see how she is today "just in case" she was improving on her own (and with increased treatments). We didn't start the abx because she really does seem to be improving. We also add nebulized normal saline to her treatment routine when she's sick - I wonder how much of a difference this makes? Oddly enough, she seems to get over coughs/colds more quickly than her brother who doesn't have CF. Strange.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
We tend to do more frequent vest treatments -- increase from 3 times a day to 4 (or more depending upon how sick ds is). When we was a baby we'd also do some mini-cpt treatments. While he was sitting on our laps we'd pat him on the back or chest, arp pits....

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
We tend to do more frequent vest treatments -- increase from 3 times a day to 4 (or more depending upon how sick ds is). When we was a baby we'd also do some mini-cpt treatments. While he was sitting on our laps we'd pat him on the back or chest, arp pits....

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Rebjane

Super Moderator
I have found that along with doing the Minnesota protocol, using huff coughing, deep breathing at 5 minute intervals pausing the VEST to do so to help my daughter cough up the mucus and clear it herself.

Rebjane

Super Moderator
I have found that along with doing the Minnesota protocol, using huff coughing, deep breathing at 5 minute intervals pausing the VEST to do so to help my daughter cough up the mucus and clear it herself.

Rebjane

Super Moderator

theLostMiler

I find that I get over colds faster than some of my friends, if I even get a cold. I dont know if its just because I am so viligent about washing my hands and I always get my flu shot, but I haven't gotten a real cold, cold until this year in like February...

It might be that if/when I am sick, I really just up my treatments and I take really good care of myself while my friends seem to not slow down so they constantly re-sicking themselves.

theLostMiler

I find that I get over colds faster than some of my friends, if I even get a cold. I dont know if its just because I am so viligent about washing my hands and I always get my flu shot, but I haven't gotten a real cold, cold until this year in like February...

It might be that if/when I am sick, I really just up my treatments and I take really good care of myself while my friends seem to not slow down so they constantly re-sicking themselves.

theLostMiler

<br />
<br />It might be that if/when I am sick, I really just up my treatments and I take really good care of myself while my friends seem to not slow down so they constantly re-sicking themselves.
<br />

imported_Momto2

Well, I never broke any ribs until I started using the vest. Then suddenly I began breaking 3-4 of them at a time while coughing. I have often wondered if anyone else experienced this issue. I had been using it on high vibrations with high pressure.

imported_Momto2

Well, I never broke any ribs until I started using the vest. Then suddenly I began breaking 3-4 of them at a time while coughing. I have often wondered if anyone else experienced this issue. I had been using it on high vibrations with high pressure.

imported_Momto2