Daughter colonized with psuedomonas

BabyBeauty

My daughter will be 3 in January. She has cultured pseudomonas 2 times and had a 10 day hospital stay to try and eradicate it. Her results just came back that she cultured again. So they consider her colonized. Did we just take a wrong turn in our CF battle? I feel like this is really bad. Am I being too negative?

BabyBeauty

My daughter will be 3 in January. She has cultured pseudomonas 2 times and had a 10 day hospital stay to try and eradicate it. Her results just came back that she cultured again. So they consider her colonized. Did we just take a wrong turn in our CF battle? I feel like this is really bad. Am I being too negative?

BabyBeauty

W

welshwitch

As far as I know most if not all CF patients get PA. I got it when I was in middle school. I also have MRSA. Anyway, my lung function is still in the 100s and I live a totally normal life. I just have to work a little harder than most to keep my ole' lungs clear (example: training for another half marathon, whoo hoo!)

Don't blame yourself at ALL. This is just the Cf game.

W

welshwitch

As far as I know most if not all CF patients get PA. I got it when I was in middle school. I also have MRSA. Anyway, my lung function is still in the 100s and I live a totally normal life. I just have to work a little harder than most to keep my ole' lungs clear (example: training for another half marathon, whoo hoo!)

Don't blame yourself at ALL. This is just the Cf game.

W

welshwitch

<br />
<br />Don't blame yourself at ALL. This is just the Cf game.

martysmom

IVs didn't get rid of it for my son either. He was in for ten days then we went home on IVs. I am not quite sure what that means for us for the future. He has been on antibiotics so much lately! I totally understand how you feel. I think it is a disadvantage at such a young age. My son is 4. We were told that he would be on Tobi for as long as it works month on/month off. I will be praying for you and Avery. Sorry I do not have much advice but please know you are not alone. (((HUGS)))

martysmom

IVs didn't get rid of it for my son either. He was in for ten days then we went home on IVs. I am not quite sure what that means for us for the future. He has been on antibiotics so much lately! I totally understand how you feel. I think it is a disadvantage at such a young age. My son is 4. We were told that he would be on Tobi for as long as it works month on/month off. I will be praying for you and Avery. Sorry I do not have much advice but please know you are not alone. (((HUGS)))

martysmom

ymikhale

Hi, i know exactly how you feel. My dd will be 3 in Jan too, she cultured PA twice, the second time was last month with no symptoms. I pray we get rid of it with TOBI, but the thought of it settling down is always in the back of my mind.

It is very scary since on average people w/PA lose lung function more rapidly than those without it. But then there are many who have very high PFTs inspite of it. Go figure.

Don''t really have any advice since I am kind of negative too at the moment. Just wanted to let you know you are not alone.

ymikhale

Hi, i know exactly how you feel. My dd will be 3 in Jan too, she cultured PA twice, the second time was last month with no symptoms. I pray we get rid of it with TOBI, but the thought of it settling down is always in the back of my mind.

It is very scary since on average people w/PA lose lung function more rapidly than those without it. But then there are many who have very high PFTs inspite of it. Go figure.

Don''t really have any advice since I am kind of negative too at the moment. Just wanted to let you know you are not alone.

ymikhale

<br />
<br />It is very scary since on average people w/PA lose lung function more rapidly than those without it. But then there are many who have very high PFTs inspite of it. Go figure.
<br />
<br />Don''t really have any advice since I am kind of negative too at the moment. Just wanted to let you know you are not alone.

R

rainsmom

my daughter has cultured it off and on since she was 2. her cf doctor did say that there were different types and she is 15 and doing good.

R

rainsmom

my daughter has cultured it off and on since she was 2. her cf doctor did say that there were different types and she is 15 and doing good.

R

rainsmom

<br />