Daughter cultured Pantoea agglomerans...

mariahsmommy

My daughter had a culture done in September that showed light growth of Enterobacter and Staph. She had no symptoms though so we did not treat it.

Now in November she is showing a heavy growth of Enterobacter and a light growth of Staph. And she has had a cough for a month. At first she had a runny nose and stuff, but her doc thought it to be a virus. Her cough just won't go away though and now that her culture has come back they are treating it with Bactrim (Septra).

I was just wondering how serious Enterobacter can be in CF and how common it is to culture it? I am just so scared of CF and I hate when we get her cultures back. I know you guys know how I feel. :-(

mariahsmommy

My daughter had a culture done in September that showed light growth of Enterobacter and Staph. She had no symptoms though so we did not treat it.

Now in November she is showing a heavy growth of Enterobacter and a light growth of Staph. And she has had a cough for a month. At first she had a runny nose and stuff, but her doc thought it to be a virus. Her cough just won't go away though and now that her culture has come back they are treating it with Bactrim (Septra).

I was just wondering how serious Enterobacter can be in CF and how common it is to culture it? I am just so scared of CF and I hate when we get her cultures back. I know you guys know how I feel. :-(

mariahsmommy

<br />
<br />Now in November she is showing a heavy growth of Enterobacter and a light growth of Staph. And she has had a cough for a month. At first she had a runny nose and stuff, but her doc thought it to be a virus. Her cough just won't go away though and now that her culture has come back they are treating it with Bactrim (Septra).
<br />
<br />I was just wondering how serious Enterobacter can be in CF and how common it is to culture it? I am just so scared of CF and I hate when we get her cultures back. I know you guys know how I feel. :-(

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
DS got enterbactor choclae at 2 months. Had a horrible cough -- bronchitis and would vomit up his formula. His doctor treated it with septra and tobi. Also continued doing CPT 4 times a day to "beat that cough" out of him. He hasn't cultured it since.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
DS got enterbactor choclae at 2 months. Had a horrible cough -- bronchitis and would vomit up his formula. His doctor treated it with septra and tobi. Also continued doing CPT 4 times a day to "beat that cough" out of him. He hasn't cultured it since.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

amber682

Vinny cultured one of the enterobacters a while back. It did not cause any symptoms. It hasn't shown up again since. He does do Tobi and azithromycin for pseudomonas though.

amber682

Vinny cultured one of the enterobacters a while back. It did not cause any symptoms. It hasn't shown up again since. He does do Tobi and azithromycin for pseudomonas though.

amber682