daughter diagnosed yesterday...need guidance

babyjaden2004

I have a 15 month old daughter who was diagnosed at 8 months and it has been alot to handle, but we make it work. She has only had the oily stools so far. We just got a postive pseudo culture so we are doing breathing treatments. She is doing great and I have a great CF team working with her. Take a notebook and jot down anything you can think of. Your CF team is there for you for anything you need. Your first few days will be filled with lots of info. I know ours was about 3 days worth and then we went back in two weeks for awhile and now we go every two months. It has been hard on us and I have my days where I sit and cry or am mad. My husband has taken it hard and is having a harder time with it all yet. Ever wanna talk I will listen and if you need anything let me know. One thing I was told do not read the internet, there are only a few places that have updated info. The meds are wonderful now and the outlook is so much greater then ever. Hope all goes well and good luck.

LOOBY47

ITS NOT THE END OF THE WORLD BELEIVE ME IVE BEEN THERE. MY DAUGHTER WAS DIAGNOSED AT 6 WEEKS OLD AND IS NOW 6 YEARS OLD AND DOING GREAT. SHE HA A VERY NORMAL LIFE , EVERY ONE THINKS THAT THERE NORMAL FSMILY LIFE IS OVER BUT AFTER THE INITIAL SHOCK U WILL ALL BE FINE TAKE CARE.