daughter exposed...I am freaking out!

ashmomo

My 4 year old daughter was at preschool w/ her cousin who came down with a temp that same night (Monday)...now him and his brother tested positive for H1N1 today! I am soo worried she may get it! Should I call the clinic? I feel like I have been bothering them so much lately! Just not sure if they will do anything with no symptoms. She is scheduled to get her vaccination tomorrow morning.

To make matters worse...I have a 6 month old w/ CF at home also. (she will not be getting vaccinated tomorrow cuz she is 1 day too young for it! 1 DAY!!! Are you kidding me?!?!?! We have to wait to see if they will run another H1n1 clinic. Pretty pissed about that!) Even though it would be too late already in this case.

I just don't know what to do. I am just waiting and freaking out...I hope she doesn't get it! This could be bad...

ashmomo

My 4 year old daughter was at preschool w/ her cousin who came down with a temp that same night (Monday)...now him and his brother tested positive for H1N1 today! I am soo worried she may get it! Should I call the clinic? I feel like I have been bothering them so much lately! Just not sure if they will do anything with no symptoms. She is scheduled to get her vaccination tomorrow morning.

To make matters worse...I have a 6 month old w/ CF at home also. (she will not be getting vaccinated tomorrow cuz she is 1 day too young for it! 1 DAY!!! Are you kidding me?!?!?! We have to wait to see if they will run another H1n1 clinic. Pretty pissed about that!) Even though it would be too late already in this case.

I just don't know what to do. I am just waiting and freaking out...I hope she doesn't get it! This could be bad...

ashmomo

ashmomo

ashmomo

<br />
<br />To make matters worse...I have a 6 month old w/ CF at home also. (she will not be getting vaccinated tomorrow cuz she is 1 day too young for it! 1 DAY!!! Are you kidding me?!?!?! We have to wait to see if they will run another H1n1 clinic. Pretty pissed about that!) Even though it would be too late already in this case.
<br />
<br />I just don't know what to do. I am just waiting and freaking out...I hope she doesn't get it! This could be bad...
<br />

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Call your doctor asap and see if she can get put on tamiflu as a preventative. We've had a script on hand for ds since he was a baby. A couple years ago when the seasonal flu vaccine didn't cover influenza A one of DS preschool friends got it and his doctor put him on tamiflu just in case.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Call your doctor asap and see if she can get put on tamiflu as a preventative. We've had a script on hand for ds since he was a baby. A couple years ago when the seasonal flu vaccine didn't cover influenza A one of DS preschool friends got it and his doctor put him on tamiflu just in case.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member