Daughter might have CF

mjflowergirl

Another kind of off the wall suggestion if you can't get approval to do a full Ambry... perhaps you could have the agency find mom and dad? Have them tested for CF carrier status. They must have records and contact info for the biological parents. They just might be bound by confidentiality preventing them from giving you the information. But, in this case, it might work. If neither or only one of them turns out to be a carrier then you know your daughter doesn't have CF.

More of the process of elimination idea...

Let us know what happens!! Sending prayers you way for a good outcome and that she's just a petite girl!

MJ

mjflowergirl

Another kind of off the wall suggestion if you can't get approval to do a full Ambry... perhaps you could have the agency find mom and dad? Have them tested for CF carrier status. They must have records and contact info for the biological parents. They just might be bound by confidentiality preventing them from giving you the information. But, in this case, it might work. If neither or only one of them turns out to be a carrier then you know your daughter doesn't have CF.

Let us know what happens!! Sending prayers you way for a good outcome and that she's just a petite girl!

MJ

mjflowergirl

MJ

mjflowergirl

MJ

mjflowergirl

MJ

Heavensent43220

i know that this isn't a genitic test but i have two children with cf anf at first they had a hard time diagnosing my son. they confirmed it threw genitic testing, but one thing you can do is lick there skin, i know this sounds really off the wall but people with cf loss salt. so there for have really salty tasting skin.

Heavensent43220

i know that this isn't a genitic test but i have two children with cf anf at first they had a hard time diagnosing my son. they confirmed it threw genitic testing, but one thing you can do is lick there skin, i know this sounds really off the wall but people with cf loss salt. so there for have really salty tasting skin.

Heavensent43220

Heavensent43220

Heavensent43220

mom4holly

Get the full ambry done if possible. I think I have seen more borderline sweat test turn out for CF then not. What were the numbers?

I hope you get some answers, let us know. Prayers your way!!!!

mom4holly

Get the full ambry done if possible. I think I have seen more borderline sweat test turn out for CF then not. What were the numbers?

mom4holly

mom4holly

mom4holly