DDF508

sweetnadias

I see some people here writing they have Df508. And G551d mutations. What does that mean? can a person have 2 mutations at the same time? If someone could tell

Thanks

sweetnadias

I see some people here writing they have Df508. And G551d mutations. What does that mean? can a person have 2 mutations at the same time? If someone could tell

Thanks

coltsfan715

I am DDF508 - diagnosed on my first birthday. About to turn 30 in a few months, diagnosed with CFRD at 17. Had Double lung transplant at 24.

As for if someone can have more than one mutation at a time - Yes. You need to have two mutations of the gene that causes CF to have CF. Those mutations do not have to be the same, they simply have to be mutations of the same gene.

Lindsey

coltsfan715

I am DDF508 - diagnosed on my first birthday. About to turn 30 in a few months, diagnosed with CFRD at 17. Had Double lung transplant at 24.

As for if someone can have more than one mutation at a time - Yes. You need to have two mutations of the gene that causes CF to have CF. Those mutations do not have to be the same, they simply have to be mutations of the same gene.

Lindsey