Debating starting IUI's again

Lamp

I and my husband are debating starting IUI's again. I myself am 27 with CF. We did 3 IUI's before with Clomid. None of them took. You hear so much about the people that it works for, but nothing really about the people that it doesn't work for. I'm kinda trying to get both sides of the spectrum. I welcome both sides of the topic from all that have tried. And maybe when and why you decided to quite if it didn't work. And at the same time how many times and what did you try that finally worked. I never was diagnosed with anything "wrong" just chalked it up to my CF. Is there anything they could have looked over that I should bring up if we decide to try again? Thanks for all your help, I appreciate it! =)
(not sure of any other info. I should ask you for so if you know something that you think would be helpful let me know!!)

Lamp

I and my husband are debating starting IUI's again. I myself am 27 with CF. We did 3 IUI's before with Clomid. None of them took. You hear so much about the people that it works for, but nothing really about the people that it doesn't work for. I'm kinda trying to get both sides of the spectrum. I welcome both sides of the topic from all that have tried. And maybe when and why you decided to quite if it didn't work. And at the same time how many times and what did you try that finally worked. I never was diagnosed with anything "wrong" just chalked it up to my CF. Is there anything they could have looked over that I should bring up if we decide to try again? Thanks for all your help, I appreciate it! =)
(not sure of any other info. I should ask you for so if you know something that you think would be helpful let me know!!)

Lamp

Lamp

Lamp

<br />(not sure of any other info. I should ask you for so if you know something that you think would be helpful let me know!!)

julie

Implantation is such an unknown subject, the reasons why an embryo would or would not fertilize.

I personally think that accupuncture and the pineapple regimine can have potentially positive influences on implantation. have you tried either of these with your IUI cycles?

Is the next step IVF or are you just doing IUI?

julie

Implantation is such an unknown subject, the reasons why an embryo would or would not fertilize.

I personally think that accupuncture and the pineapple regimine can have potentially positive influences on implantation. have you tried either of these with your IUI cycles?

julie

julie

julie

<br />
<br />I personally think that accupuncture and the pineapple regimine can have potentially positive influences on implantation. have you tried either of these with your IUI cycles?
<br />
<br />Is the next step IVF or are you just doing IUI?

Lamp

Just IUI I think for now. Once you get into the really expensive stuff I figure we could adopt for the amount it costs. (I'm not really gutsy when it comes to gambling!) I never took the injectable fertility drugs for a complete cycle so I think that would be the next step. There more aggressive. I really didn't respond to the clomid very well. I'd produce like one mature follicle each cycle. So with the injectable (Gonal-F) taking that for one day on top of my clomid really helped boost follicle growth. But them my husbands job had to cut his salary and we no longer could persue infertility appointments.

What is the pineapple regimine?
How come with the males infertility they can't do an IUI with the semon they extract?

I'm also kinda wondering how many times it took the average CF'er on here that did IUI's. And did we even give it a good enough try? And what drugs worked for them?

Lamp

Just IUI I think for now. Once you get into the really expensive stuff I figure we could adopt for the amount it costs. (I'm not really gutsy when it comes to gambling!) I never took the injectable fertility drugs for a complete cycle so I think that would be the next step. There more aggressive. I really didn't respond to the clomid very well. I'd produce like one mature follicle each cycle. So with the injectable (Gonal-F) taking that for one day on top of my clomid really helped boost follicle growth. But them my husbands job had to cut his salary and we no longer could persue infertility appointments.

How come with the males infertility they can't do an IUI with the semon they extract?

I'm also kinda wondering how many times it took the average CF'er on here that did IUI's. And did we even give it a good enough try? And what drugs worked for them?

Lamp

Lamp

Lamp

<br />
<br />What is the pineapple regimine?
<br />How come with the males infertility they can't do an IUI with the semon they extract?
<br />
<br />I'm also kinda wondering how many times it took the average CF'er on here that did IUI's. And did we even give it a good enough try? And what drugs worked for them?

ashleydog

For my first son I did 8 iui's before getting pregnant. My Dr had set out the plan at the start that we would try 6 rounds of non-medicated iui before moving to anymedication, so only the last 2 rounds were using injectable medication. They used frequent ultrasounds to make sure they had the timing right and that the follicles were of the right maturity (and that there were no more than 2). My second pregnancy took four rounds of iui, all with medication. They couldn't find any reason for my infertility, but I did know that my mom had unexplained inferitility as well and took years to concieve her first baby, and then I came quickly ( my brother and I are 11 months apart) I can't tell you what to do, it was really tough emotionally each month when things were not working, and a lot of stressful days trying to make endless appointments. My nephews are adopted from guatelmala, I even got the privledge of going with them to pick up the younger one. They are a great family, with wonderful kids too. ( my sister had medical reasons (non cf) for not getting pregnant).
So don't give up being a parent, it may not happen the way you imagine, but it will still be wonderful

ashleydog

For my first son I did 8 iui's before getting pregnant. My Dr had set out the plan at the start that we would try 6 rounds of non-medicated iui before moving to anymedication, so only the last 2 rounds were using injectable medication. They used frequent ultrasounds to make sure they had the timing right and that the follicles were of the right maturity (and that there were no more than 2). My second pregnancy took four rounds of iui, all with medication. They couldn't find any reason for my infertility, but I did know that my mom had unexplained inferitility as well and took years to concieve her first baby, and then I came quickly ( my brother and I are 11 months apart) I can't tell you what to do, it was really tough emotionally each month when things were not working, and a lot of stressful days trying to make endless appointments. My nephews are adopted from guatelmala, I even got the privledge of going with them to pick up the younger one. They are a great family, with wonderful kids too. ( my sister had medical reasons (non cf) for not getting pregnant).
So don't give up being a parent, it may not happen the way you imagine, but it will still be wonderful

ashleydog

ashleydog

ashleydog

<br />So don't give up being a parent, it may not happen the way you imagine, but it will still be wonderful