dental work on pwcf

want2Banony

Has anyone had a tooth pulled that has osteoporosis and CF? We just learned about the possibility of jaw bone death when having a tooth pulled when on meds for osteoporosis. Any thoughts or advice to someone needing a tooth pulled and taking these meds? Do you find you have weaker teeth due to CF and osteoporosis? Thanks.

want2Banony

Has anyone had a tooth pulled that has osteoporosis and CF? We just learned about the possibility of jaw bone death when having a tooth pulled when on meds for osteoporosis. Any thoughts or advice to someone needing a tooth pulled and taking these meds? Do you find you have weaker teeth due to CF and osteoporosis? Thanks.

want2Banony

want2Banony

want2Banony

JazzysMom

I dont have full blown osteoperosis. I have Ostopenia (sp?) and have had teeth pulled over the years. Last one was about 2 years ago. I didnt have any problems, but I am sure like most dental work it depends on who is doing the work. I didnt go to the most gentlist guy. He is actually known as the Butcher, but is the only local guy who takes our insurance. I travel 1 hour for my daughters dentist. I wouldnt subject her to the Butcher.

I believe my teeth are crappy for a few reasons. First is genetics. Both parents had dentures at young ages. Second is the meds of various sorts over the years and third is the lack of calcium, vitamin A & D that builds bones & teeth over the years.

JazzysMom

I dont have full blown osteoperosis. I have Ostopenia (sp?) and have had teeth pulled over the years. Last one was about 2 years ago. I didnt have any problems, but I am sure like most dental work it depends on who is doing the work. I didnt go to the most gentlist guy. He is actually known as the Butcher, but is the only local guy who takes our insurance. I travel 1 hour for my daughters dentist. I wouldnt subject her to the Butcher.

I believe my teeth are crappy for a few reasons. First is genetics. Both parents had dentures at young ages. Second is the meds of various sorts over the years and third is the lack of calcium, vitamin A & D that builds bones & teeth over the years.

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

thefrogprincess

I could go on and on about my horrible teeth! I also have ostepenia and had a tooth pulled just back in March. I think my recovery was a little longer than normal but other than that no problems. I can think of at least 4 other teeth that I need to have pulled too. I can't wait till they all fall out! I blame meds and lack of mineralization due to the malabsorbtion.

thefrogprincess

I could go on and on about my horrible teeth! I also have ostepenia and had a tooth pulled just back in March. I think my recovery was a little longer than normal but other than that no problems. I can think of at least 4 other teeth that I need to have pulled too. I can't wait till they all fall out! I blame meds and lack of mineralization due to the malabsorbtion.

thefrogprincess

thefrogprincess

thefrogprincess