DESIGNING NEW VEST!!>>> need to know what people like and dislike... what needs to be improved :)

CarolynnS

DESIGNING NEW VEST!!>>> need to know what people like and dislike... what needs to be improved :)

Hi, my name is carolynn i am an Industrial Design student from milwaukee WI. I do not have CF but my Boyfreind and his brother both do. For my Senior Thesis i am redesigning "the vest".

I was wondering if people could tell me the problems they have occured with thier vest or any respritory therapy at all... or have seen with thier family memebers.

What do you like about the vest you have,
Which vest and other theropys do you use.
Is it hard for you to use..
Where in the house do you do the therapy.
Do you travel with the vest? Is it difficult?
Do you find it effective?
Dose it hurt to bad?
Dose your medi-port get in the way.
If you are female dose it hurt the breast area?
Dose it ride up?
Is it not vibrating enough on places you need it to?
Dose it work for you?

Any thing anyone can tell me will be most helpful and greatly appreiciated. I know thier are many individual proplems with current models and i would like to attend to those. I will keep every updated on the progress made on my design Hopefully it will be th next best thing hehe.... THANK YOU

god bless ,

Carolynn

CarolynnS

Hi, my name is carolynn i am an Industrial Design student from milwaukee WI. I do not have CF but my Boyfreind and his brother both do. For my Senior Thesis i am redesigning "the vest".

I was wondering if people could tell me the problems they have occured with thier vest or any respritory therapy at all... or have seen with thier family memebers.

What do you like about the vest you have,
Which vest and other theropys do you use.
Is it hard for you to use..
Where in the house do you do the therapy.
Do you travel with the vest? Is it difficult?
Do you find it effective?
Dose it hurt to bad?
Dose your medi-port get in the way.
If you are female dose it hurt the breast area?
Dose it ride up?
Is it not vibrating enough on places you need it to?
Dose it work for you?

Any thing anyone can tell me will be most helpful and greatly appreiciated. I know thier are many individual proplems with current models and i would like to attend to those. I will keep every updated on the progress made on my design Hopefully it will be th next best thing hehe.... THANK YOU

god bless ,

Carolynn

Homechic101

RE:DESIGNING NEW VEST!!>>> need to know what people like and dislike... what needs to be improved :)

Hi my name is Halee i am 12 and i have CF....It is very hard to travel with it.....yes it does ride up it hurts my chest and it hurts preety bad.....it is very effective anbd i like it cuz it works and i take treatments with it i hop ethat answers ur questions

Homechic101

RE:DESIGNING NEW VEST!!>>> need to know what people like and dislike... what needs to be improved :)

Hi my name is Halee i am 12 and i have CF....It is very hard to travel with it.....yes it does ride up it hurts my chest and it hurts preety bad.....it is very effective anbd i like it cuz it works and i take treatments with it i hop ethat answers ur questions

Rokiss12

hi, im kate, and im 16. i have the vest, but i don't use it. to me, getting home physical therapy by someone who comes to my house is much more effective, and i find that i actually do it if i have someone coming to my house.

really the only thing that i like about the vest is that its small and compact, and i imagine going to college with it will be easier then what i do now.
i do my therapy in the TV room right now, and i would do it their with the vest if i used it.
my main problem is that the vest itself is very small, and the vibrations hurt! i've asked the vest people about this, and they say thats alright. its not alright to me!!! haha...it actually really hurts. *especially for girls*

i really hope this helps!
Kate

Rokiss12

hi, im kate, and im 16. i have the vest, but i don't use it. to me, getting home physical therapy by someone who comes to my house is much more effective, and i find that i actually do it if i have someone coming to my house.

really the only thing that i like about the vest is that its small and compact, and i imagine going to college with it will be easier then what i do now.
i do my therapy in the TV room right now, and i would do it their with the vest if i used it.
my main problem is that the vest itself is very small, and the vibrations hurt! i've asked the vest people about this, and they say thats alright. its not alright to me!!! haha...it actually really hurts. *especially for girls*

i really hope this helps!
Kate

princessjdc

RE: DESIGNING NEW VEST!!>>> need to know what people like and dislike... what needs to be improved :)

I dont have a problem with the vest, I dont even think it hurts and Im a girl, the one thing about the vest is I dont think it hits every spot Id like it to with strong vibrations. Sometimes Ill grab my very old vibrator that I have had since I was a little girl and use it in someplaces, cause I feel it has more vibrations, and is stronger, therefore, I feel it helps a little more, but other than that the vest is great!

princessjdc

RE: DESIGNING NEW VEST!!>>> need to know what people like and dislike... what needs to be improved :)

I dont have a problem with the vest, I dont even think it hurts and Im a girl, the one thing about the vest is I dont think it hits every spot Id like it to with strong vibrations. Sometimes Ill grab my very old vibrator that I have had since I was a little girl and use it in someplaces, cause I feel it has more vibrations, and is stronger, therefore, I feel it helps a little more, but other than that the vest is great!

anonymous

The hoses come off to easily. I have a 2 1/2 yr old daughter and she moves around a little during her treatments. You have to keep an eye on it. If there was a pin on the hose with a "J" notch on the vest port, that would keep it intack during the treatments.

anonymous

The hoses come off to easily. I have a 2 1/2 yr old daughter and she moves around a little during her treatments. You have to keep an eye on it. If there was a pin on the hose with a "J" notch on the vest port, that would keep it intack during the treatments.

anonymous

My daughter has cf. She's 8. We've had the vest for 6 years and it's an old heavy thing (40lbs.) She likes to do different things while she does her treatment, so we move it all around the house. I don't enjoy that. It rides up and she complains about that. I don't even know how it's working. We just do it!!

anonymous

My daughter has cf. She's 8. We've had the vest for 6 years and it's an old heavy thing (40lbs.) She likes to do different things while she does her treatment, so we move it all around the house. I don't enjoy that. It rides up and she complains about that. I don't even know how it's working. We just do it!!