Determination,adversity, discipline pays off

JennifersHope

To be honest I don't usually read everything you write.. but this story is amazing in its timing and I really needed to hear this..

Thanks for sharing

Jennifer

JennifersHope

To be honest I don't usually read everything you write.. but this story is amazing in its timing and I really needed to hear this..

Thanks for sharing

Jennifer

JennifersHope

Thanks for sharing

Jennifer

JennifersHope

Thanks for sharing

Jennifer

JennifersHope

<br />
<br />Thanks for sharing
<br />
<br />
<br />Jennifer

Playswithpixels

As I read your story I was surprised at how much we had in common. I was raised by a single mom, have two siblings and we lived in Florida for a while. My mom took good care of me too, even though she was 18 when she had me she was the one who insisted that something was wrong with me (she said I tasted like salt when she kissed me). The Doctors just told her she was young and a first time mother. Fortunately she didn't listen to them. I had double pneumonia when I was 8 months old, and my mom finally found a Doctor who was familiar with CF and tested me for it. I too have had some "bumps" along the way. Feeding tube, Port, I was in ICU once for a week on a respirator, but here I am today, 32 almost 33 (shhh don't tell anyone..LOL) I too work out at the gym. I love weight training and only do cardio because I know I should. I never had a problem being over weight, but keeping weight on was a struggle until I started weight training. When I started working out I weighed 98 LBs (1996), now I am currently a healthy 127, which puts my BMI at 22. I am on Iv's right now and having some setbacks lungwise, but I try not to get down about it. If I do get sad I only let myself have a few days of feeling sorry, than I get my butt in gear and start the long haul to getting to my baseline again. Thanks for sharing your story, hopefully it will inspire others to keep trucking along and maybe go to a gym. BTW, gyms can be a magnet for germs, so wash hands alot and I use the antibactrial gel when I leave.

I am going to try and attach a photo of me at the gym, don't know if this will work because I've never attached pics before to these messages.

Andrea 32 w/CF F507 & F508 FEV1 34%

Playswithpixels

As I read your story I was surprised at how much we had in common. I was raised by a single mom, have two siblings and we lived in Florida for a while. My mom took good care of me too, even though she was 18 when she had me she was the one who insisted that something was wrong with me (she said I tasted like salt when she kissed me). The Doctors just told her she was young and a first time mother. Fortunately she didn't listen to them. I had double pneumonia when I was 8 months old, and my mom finally found a Doctor who was familiar with CF and tested me for it. I too have had some "bumps" along the way. Feeding tube, Port, I was in ICU once for a week on a respirator, but here I am today, 32 almost 33 (shhh don't tell anyone..LOL) I too work out at the gym. I love weight training and only do cardio because I know I should. I never had a problem being over weight, but keeping weight on was a struggle until I started weight training. When I started working out I weighed 98 LBs (1996), now I am currently a healthy 127, which puts my BMI at 22. I am on Iv's right now and having some setbacks lungwise, but I try not to get down about it. If I do get sad I only let myself have a few days of feeling sorry, than I get my butt in gear and start the long haul to getting to my baseline again. Thanks for sharing your story, hopefully it will inspire others to keep trucking along and maybe go to a gym. BTW, gyms can be a magnet for germs, so wash hands alot and I use the antibactrial gel when I leave.

I am going to try and attach a photo of me at the gym, don't know if this will work because I've never attached pics before to these messages.

Playswithpixels

Playswithpixels

Playswithpixels

<br />
<br />I am going to try and attach a photo of me at the gym, don't know if this will work because I've never attached pics before to these messages.
<br />
<br />Andrea 32 w/CF F507 & F508 FEV1 34%