Determination,adversity, discipline pays off

Faust

Weight lifting is a huge beneficial factor to living with CF. The times that I slacked and lost muscle tone/gained more cushiness, I felt worse. When I stuck with weight training and was overall more active, I always felt better. I think proper supplementation (fizzy NAC, oregano oil, turmeric, garlic, etc) and weight training can either greatly lessen, or remove many of the physical symptoms that are common with CF.

Faust

Weight lifting is a huge beneficial factor to living with CF. The times that I slacked and lost muscle tone/gained more cushiness, I felt worse. When I stuck with weight training and was overall more active, I always felt better. I think proper supplementation (fizzy NAC, oregano oil, turmeric, garlic, etc) and weight training can either greatly lessen, or remove many of the physical symptoms that are common with CF.

Faust

Faust

Faust

<br />
<br />

C

cfsucks

i remember my dad told me a long time ago when he was in florida there were some guys working out outside and one was coughing like crazy. someone asked what was wrong and the guy told him he had cf.

i try to workout consistently, but i always end up cutting down for one reason or another. at my best it was 4-5 times a week, now i'm at twice a week, and within a month i'll be back to 3-4 times a week.

C

cfsucks

i remember my dad told me a long time ago when he was in florida there were some guys working out outside and one was coughing like crazy. someone asked what was wrong and the guy told him he had cf.

i try to workout consistently, but i always end up cutting down for one reason or another. at my best it was 4-5 times a week, now i'm at twice a week, and within a month i'll be back to 3-4 times a week.

C

cfsucks

C

cfsucks

C

cfsucks

<br />
<br />i try to workout consistently, but i always end up cutting down for one reason or another. at my best it was 4-5 times a week, now i'm at twice a week, and within a month i'll be back to 3-4 times a week.

Faust

If you can stick with 3 times a week, as in mon, wed, and fri...You can be doing just fine. It doesn't matter how many times per week you go, it matters what you do with it. Granted I don't do as much as I should be doing to be more well rounded, like I don't even touch my legs. But I do a well rounded upper body workout with 4-5 different exercises, and now look at me, I bench 400 lbs.

I eat a calorie dense meal before I go, take my supplements, work out, come home and do my meds/vest, then eat a high protein meal before I go into work.

Faust

If you can stick with 3 times a week, as in mon, wed, and fri...You can be doing just fine. It doesn't matter how many times per week you go, it matters what you do with it. Granted I don't do as much as I should be doing to be more well rounded, like I don't even touch my legs. But I do a well rounded upper body workout with 4-5 different exercises, and now look at me, I bench 400 lbs.

I eat a calorie dense meal before I go, take my supplements, work out, come home and do my meds/vest, then eat a high protein meal before I go into work.

Faust

Faust

Faust

<br />
<br />I eat a calorie dense meal before I go, take my supplements, work out, come home and do my meds/vest, then eat a high protein meal before I go into work.
<br />

jamie6girl

Faust, thank you for posting this. I've read this thread off and on the past couple of days, and it has def. helped keep me motivated to continue walking. I incorporated a little jogging into my routine today. It about killed me, but I feel so proud. Thanks for inspiring me :) Any tips for us beginners on how to continue the good work? and keeping up the routine?

jamie6girl

Faust, thank you for posting this. I've read this thread off and on the past couple of days, and it has def. helped keep me motivated to continue walking. I incorporated a little jogging into my routine today. It about killed me, but I feel so proud. Thanks for inspiring me :) Any tips for us beginners on how to continue the good work? and keeping up the routine?

jamie6girl

jamie6girl

jamie6girl