Deviated Septum

nocode

Hi,
I have a very deviated septum and I've been wondering if getting this fixed could potentially improve my breathing?
I'm sure there are lots of healthy people with deviated setpums who don't really notice it, but I'm thinking that for CF patients it could offer some much needed relief.
Any input on this?
Thanks.

nocode

Hi,
I have a very deviated septum and I've been wondering if getting this fixed could potentially improve my breathing?
I'm sure there are lots of healthy people with deviated setpums who don't really notice it, but I'm thinking that for CF patients it could offer some much needed relief.
Any input on this?
Thanks.

J

jessykt

I had my deviated septum fixed, but also had a bone spur removed and sinus surgery at the same time. I felt so much better! But since I had all three, I don't know if that would help you at all. I could certainly smell things better and I think breathing was a bit easier.

J

jessykt

I had my deviated septum fixed, but also had a bone spur removed and sinus surgery at the same time. I felt so much better! But since I had all three, I don't know if that would help you at all. I could certainly smell things better and I think breathing was a bit easier.

Havoc

I've had 5 endoscopic sinus surgeries, one of which they did a septoplasty. The pain on recovery is minimal.

Havoc

I've had 5 endoscopic sinus surgeries, one of which they did a septoplasty. The pain on recovery is minimal.

Havoc

It was for me, but the deviated septum was the least of my problems. They just fixed it one time while they were already in there.

Havoc

It was for me, but the deviated septum was the least of my problems. They just fixed it one time while they were already in there.

J

jessykt

My recovery was horrible, but that may have been because of the bone spur removal, I'm not sure. I was already admitted, and stayed on pain meds for about 4 days, which I hear is uncommon for regular sinus surgery...

J

jessykt

My recovery was horrible, but that may have been because of the bone spur removal, I'm not sure. I was already admitted, and stayed on pain meds for about 4 days, which I hear is uncommon for regular sinus surgery...

ej0820

I just recently (about 2 months ago) had sinus surgery to clear out scar tissue and infection from a previous surgery. I also had septoplasty done. My recovery was not bad at all, just uncomfortable for a few days. Now that everything has pretty much healed over, I realize it has made a WORLD of difference. I didn't realize how crappy I really felt until my sinuses were cleared out. Like others have said, I had septoplasty in addition to correcting another, possibly bigger, problem with my sinuses. I can't say that the septoplasty was the whole reason for my feeling incredibly better afterwards, but I certainly know it hasn't gone completely unnoticed. All in all, I say go for it. Best of luck to you.

ej0820

I just recently (about 2 months ago) had sinus surgery to clear out scar tissue and infection from a previous surgery. I also had septoplasty done. My recovery was not bad at all, just uncomfortable for a few days. Now that everything has pretty much healed over, I realize it has made a WORLD of difference. I didn't realize how crappy I really felt until my sinuses were cleared out. Like others have said, I had septoplasty in addition to correcting another, possibly bigger, problem with my sinuses. I can't say that the septoplasty was the whole reason for my feeling incredibly better afterwards, but I certainly know it hasn't gone completely unnoticed. All in all, I say go for it. Best of luck to you.

mamerth

I had my nose fixed during my last sinus surgery. It was not a septum but my nose right between my eyes (and a touch below that spot). I didn't have any extra pain. I was a bit more puffy in the face for a little bit longer than normal. I only used Tylenol for the pain.

mamerth

I had my nose fixed during my last sinus surgery. It was not a septum but my nose right between my eyes (and a touch below that spot). I didn't have any extra pain. I was a bit more puffy in the face for a little bit longer than normal. I only used Tylenol for the pain.

nocode

I've been hearing of a lot of CF patients having sinus problems and needing surgery for it. Is this specifically related to CF?

I know my mom (non CF) has always had severe sinus problems and she was also advised by her doctor to get surgery to get something fixed in her nose. She decided against it.

So I guess it's not CF specific but CF makes it worse? What are the symptoms that you have sinus problems? Maybe I have it too and don't know..

nocode

I've been hearing of a lot of CF patients having sinus problems and needing surgery for it. Is this specifically related to CF?

I know my mom (non CF) has always had severe sinus problems and she was also advised by her doctor to get surgery to get something fixed in her nose. She decided against it.

So I guess it's not CF specific but CF makes it worse? What are the symptoms that you have sinus problems? Maybe I have it too and don't know..