DF508 and 1154insTC

miesl

Ambry just came back on my husband, so we know both of his mutations now.

Anyone have info on the 1154insTC? Mostly, we're just curious... between J and his brother, we know that the mutations aren't everything.

miesl

Anyone have info on the 1154insTC? Mostly, we're just curious... between J and his brother, we know that the mutations aren't everything.

miesl

miesl

miesl

miesl

ehtansky21

Miesl,
Can you tell me the general symptoms of your husband as it looks like both of my sons carry these mutations also???
Thanks,
Missa

ehtansky21

Miesl,
Can you tell me the general symptoms of your husband as it looks like both of my sons carry these mutations also???
Thanks,
Missa

ehtansky21

Miesl,
Thanks,
Missa

ehtansky21

Miesl,
Thanks,
Missa

ehtansky21

Miesl,
Thanks,
Missa

miesl

Husband - 30:
Has always needed enzymes (Currently: Pancrease MT16, 2-4 with snacks, 6-8 with meals). Was skinny as a child and young adult. Now a normal weight (or a little extra)
Lung involvement from a young age. (Current FEV1 is ~2.73 or ~67%)
Finger clubbing
Vest and nebs 2x day when healthy.
Active physically (check out my blog - we backpack).
Clubbing of the fingers.
Polyps removed when he was a child.
Hospital visits... last two were 4/07 and 3/04.

His brother - 32:
Has always needed enzymes, still skinny as an adult.
Minor lung involvement as a child.
Some lung involvement as an adult - he's extremely active and does not use the vest. High FEV1.
Finger clubbing
Do not know how long since IVs - a long time.

miesl

Husband - 30:
Has always needed enzymes (Currently: Pancrease MT16, 2-4 with snacks, 6-8 with meals). Was skinny as a child and young adult. Now a normal weight (or a little extra)
Finger clubbing
Clubbing of the fingers.

His brother - 32:
Some lung involvement as an adult - he's extremely active and does not use the vest. High FEV1.
Finger clubbing

miesl

Husband - 30:
Finger clubbing
Clubbing of the fingers.

His brother - 32:
Finger clubbing

miesl

Husband - 30:
Finger clubbing
Clubbing of the fingers.

His brother - 32:
Finger clubbing

miesl

Husband - 30:
Finger clubbing
Clubbing of the fingers.

His brother - 32:
Finger clubbing

ehtansky21

thank you so much for the reply. My 3 1/2 year old is on enzymes and is not growing as fast as the docs would like, he is on pancreacarb ms 16 x2 at each meal and zantac. No lungs problem yet, but we are just now seeing some congestion (hoping it is a cold, but who knows). My 6 week old was just diagnosed and he is chubby as ever, so no treatment yet.

thanks again,
missa

ehtansky21

thank you so much for the reply. My 3 1/2 year old is on enzymes and is not growing as fast as the docs would like, he is on pancreacarb ms 16 x2 at each meal and zantac. No lungs problem yet, but we are just now seeing some congestion (hoping it is a cold, but who knows). My 6 week old was just diagnosed and he is chubby as ever, so no treatment yet.

thanks again,
missa

ehtansky21

thanks again,
missa

ehtansky21

thanks again,
missa