DF508ers who participated in VX-770 trials

CDavis

How can I find out more about the mutations getting re-classed? My child has a rare mutation that wasn't classed as of about 3 years ago.

CDavis

How can I find out more about the mutations getting re-classed? My child has a rare mutation that wasn't classed as of about 3 years ago.

Havoc

Here is one: <a href="http://streaming.cff.org/media/NACFC11-Plenary2.wmv">http://streaming.cff.org/media/NACFC11-Plenary2.wmv</a> The official page is not live yet, it's still being curated.

Havoc

Here is one: <a href="http://streaming.cff.org/media/NACFC11-Plenary2.wmv">http://streaming.cff.org/media/NACFC11-Plenary2.wmv</a> The official page is not live yet, it's still being curated.

kyrock85

I participated in the study (i'm homozygous df508). In the begining I wasn't suppose to be able to see what my PFTs were (they were pretty good about keepin that info hidden). I was on the drug from January 2010 until june 2011 when they pulled it for not showing enough significant data. I can tell you that when I had to try 2 times to get into the study. Like I said, for about 6 months I wasn't allowed to know what my PFTS were, but I can tell you that you that it was a whole heck of a lot easier to breath, I had decrease cough, my mucous was thinner, and I put on weight like it was job! After beign on the study for 6 months, I was switched to part B. To continue and switch to part b you had to meet one of 3 outcomes. Increase PFT by i believe 10%, change in sweat chlorides, and I forget the 3rd. I had a change in my sweat chloride. Once switched to part B, I could see my PFTS once again. My PFTs remainded stable ( and much improved from when I began the study). I went from getting clean outs from every 6 months to once a year and now it will have been 21 months on friday. SOOO, does this drug work on ddf508, somewhat. Does it need some kind of help yes.

kyrock85

I participated in the study (i'm homozygous df508). In the begining I wasn't suppose to be able to see what my PFTs were (they were pretty good about keepin that info hidden). I was on the drug from January 2010 until june 2011 when they pulled it for not showing enough significant data. I can tell you that when I had to try 2 times to get into the study. Like I said, for about 6 months I wasn't allowed to know what my PFTS were, but I can tell you that you that it was a whole heck of a lot easier to breath, I had decrease cough, my mucous was thinner, and I put on weight like it was job! After beign on the study for 6 months, I was switched to part B. To continue and switch to part b you had to meet one of 3 outcomes. Increase PFT by i believe 10%, change in sweat chlorides, and I forget the 3rd. I had a change in my sweat chloride. Once switched to part B, I could see my PFTS once again. My PFTs remainded stable ( and much improved from when I began the study). I went from getting clean outs from every 6 months to once a year and now it will have been 21 months on friday. SOOO, does this drug work on ddf508, somewhat. Does it need some kind of help yes.

Incomudrox

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>kyrock85</b></i> I participated in the study (i'm homozygous df508). In the begining I wasn't suppose to be able to see what my PFTs were (they were pretty good about keepin that info hidden). I was on the drug from January 2010 until june 2011 when they pulled it for not showing enough significant data. I can tell you that when I had to try 2 times to get into the study. Like I said, for about 6 months I wasn't allowed to know what my PFTS were, but I can tell you that you that it was a whole heck of a lot easier to breath, I had decrease cough, my mucous was thinner, and I put on weight like it was job! After beign on the study for 6 months, I was switched to part B. To continue and switch to part b you had to meet one of 3 outcomes. Increase PFT by i believe 10%, change in sweat chlorides, and I forget the 3rd. I had a change in my sweat chloride. Once switched to part B, I could see my PFTS once again. My PFTs remainded stable ( and much improved from when I began the study). I went from getting clean outs from every 6 months to once a year and now it will have been 21 months on friday. SOOO, does this drug work on ddf508, somewhat. Does it need some kind of help yes.</end quote>

Interesting, to me what this means is that there is more to DDF508 and DF508 than we (the people) are being told. It must also have a gating component, or is it that Kalydeco does much more then just fix gating mutations?.... Too many variables.

Incomudrox

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>kyrock85</b></i> I participated in the study (i'm homozygous df508). In the begining I wasn't suppose to be able to see what my PFTs were (they were pretty good about keepin that info hidden). I was on the drug from January 2010 until june 2011 when they pulled it for not showing enough significant data. I can tell you that when I had to try 2 times to get into the study. Like I said, for about 6 months I wasn't allowed to know what my PFTS were, but I can tell you that you that it was a whole heck of a lot easier to breath, I had decrease cough, my mucous was thinner, and I put on weight like it was job! After beign on the study for 6 months, I was switched to part B. To continue and switch to part b you had to meet one of 3 outcomes. Increase PFT by i believe 10%, change in sweat chlorides, and I forget the 3rd. I had a change in my sweat chloride. Once switched to part B, I could see my PFTS once again. My PFTs remainded stable ( and much improved from when I began the study). I went from getting clean outs from every 6 months to once a year and now it will have been 21 months on friday. SOOO, does this drug work on ddf508, somewhat. Does it need some kind of help yes.</end quote>

Interesting, to me what this means is that there is more to DDF508 and DF508 than we (the people) are being told. It must also have a gating component, or is it that Kalydeco does much more then just fix gating mutations?.... Too many variables.

Anomie

Its because people with delta f508 do have some protein functionality but also have the broken gate wich is why they need vx 770 as well as 809 or 661 or possibly all 3.

Anomie

Its because people with delta f508 do have some protein functionality but also have the broken gate wich is why they need vx 770 as well as 809 or 661 or possibly all 3.

C

cfsucks

so you were on the kalydeco medication? were you able to continue it since study completition even though you don't have g551d?

C

cfsucks

so you were on the kalydeco medication? were you able to continue it since study completition even though you don't have g551d?

P

petersymons

Hi kyrock just wondering what your baseline FEv was before you started on the Kalydeco?

P

petersymons

Hi kyrock just wondering what your baseline FEv was before you started on the Kalydeco?

bigstar

This is so interesting! I always believed that, even though im double df508 like you, vx 770 could actually help me. Even a little. But every person with CF knows that this "little" difference in tests can make huge difference in ones life anyway!

bigstar

This is so interesting! I always believed that, even though im double df508 like you, vx 770 could actually help me. Even a little. But every person with CF knows that this "little" difference in tests can make huge difference in ones life anyway!