diagnosed without symptoms

frysk

thanks everyone for your replies. Does Quest do their testing at Ambry? I was under the impression the blood work that myself and my son got was going to Ambry but we got our blood drawn at Quest and the reports say Quest. The report on the Q1012P said that it could be benign. According to our CF center doc, no one has seen this variant before.

We did just find out today that the throat culture that was taken from him came up positive for Staph. We got the news over the phone so I'm not positive which Staph it is but I guess that is not a very good sign. Does anyone have any further explanation on that?

frysk

thanks everyone for your replies. Does Quest do their testing at Ambry? I was under the impression the blood work that myself and my son got was going to Ambry but we got our blood drawn at Quest and the reports say Quest. The report on the Q1012P said that it could be benign. According to our CF center doc, no one has seen this variant before.

We did just find out today that the throat culture that was taken from him came up positive for Staph. We got the news over the phone so I'm not positive which Staph it is but I guess that is not a very good sign. Does anyone have any further explanation on that?

frysk

frysk

frysk

<br />
<br />We did just find out today that the throat culture that was taken from him came up positive for Staph. We got the news over the phone so I'm not positive which Staph it is but I guess that is not a very good sign. Does anyone have any further explanation on that?

Alyssa

I wouldn't worry to much about staph being "not a very good sign" In the world of CF, there are far worse bugs than staph. Finding staph in his throat is probably not that big of a deal - especially if he isn't having any problems.

Staph in the throat "could" indicate it is also in the lungs, but if he isn't coughing, chances are it's still just in the throat or possibly coming from the sinuses. They'll probably just put him on oral antibiotic for 2 weeks.

Alyssa

I wouldn't worry to much about staph being "not a very good sign" In the world of CF, there are far worse bugs than staph. Finding staph in his throat is probably not that big of a deal - especially if he isn't having any problems.

Staph in the throat "could" indicate it is also in the lungs, but if he isn't coughing, chances are it's still just in the throat or possibly coming from the sinuses. They'll probably just put him on oral antibiotic for 2 weeks.

Alyssa

Alyssa

Alyssa

<br />
<br />Staph in the throat "could" indicate it is also in the lungs, but if he isn't coughing, chances are it's still just in the throat or possibly coming from the sinuses. They'll probably just put him on oral antibiotic for 2 weeks.

M

Mommafirst

My daughter also cultures staph (chronically -- meaning she can't get rid of it). This was very troublesome to hear for me, but I was told its "normal for a kid with CF". Not exactly what you want to hear when you are hoping your child isn't developing CF symptoms, but overall the staph doesn't really cause much problems.

M

Mommafirst

My daughter also cultures staph (chronically -- meaning she can't get rid of it). This was very troublesome to hear for me, but I was told its "normal for a kid with CF". Not exactly what you want to hear when you are hoping your child isn't developing CF symptoms, but overall the staph doesn't really cause much problems.

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

missnth

my daughter used to test positive for staph until we started hypertonic saline. even if you don't use hypertonic saline since there are no studies yet for use in infants, there are salt therapies that you can do that are indirect. salt kills bacteria and it's all natural method so it's a nice option.

missnth

my daughter used to test positive for staph until we started hypertonic saline. even if you don't use hypertonic saline since there are no studies yet for use in infants, there are salt therapies that you can do that are indirect. salt kills bacteria and it's all natural method so it's a nice option.

missnth

missnth

missnth