Differential trapping of air

pnhuffman

Does anyone know what it means and what they do for differential trapping of air in the lungs?

This is something that showed up on Austins CT scan and I havent got to talk to the doctor about this yet.

Also has anyone had anything like a density in the thymus area on a ct scan?

Austin is gettina an ultra sound t see what this density might be. The doctor i guess is hoping it is the thymus gland but won't know for sure until the ultra sound is dne.

pnhuffman

Does anyone know what it means and what they do for differential trapping of air in the lungs?

This is something that showed up on Austins CT scan and I havent got to talk to the doctor about this yet.

Austin is gettina an ultra sound t see what this density might be. The doctor i guess is hoping it is the thymus gland but won't know for sure until the ultra sound is dne.

pnhuffman

pnhuffman

pnhuffman

<br />
<br />This is something that showed up on Austins CT scan and I havent got to talk to the doctor about this yet.
<br />
<br />Also has anyone had anything like a density in the thymus area on a ct scan?
<br />
<br />Austin is gettina an ultra sound t see what this density might be. The doctor i guess is hoping it is the thymus gland but won't know for sure until the ultra sound is dne.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
When DS was a baby and recovering from bronchitis I know airtrapping was mentioned a few times. I don't recall doing anything other than increasing his vest/beatments to 4x a day to treat the coughing.

He's been on pulmonzyme since he was about 2 1/2 and I think that can help alleviate some of the symptoms. Sorry not much help....

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
When DS was a baby and recovering from bronchitis I know airtrapping was mentioned a few times. I don't recall doing anything other than increasing his vest/beatments to 4x a day to treat the coughing.

He's been on pulmonzyme since he was about 2 1/2 and I think that can help alleviate some of the symptoms. Sorry not much help....

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<br />
<br />He's been on pulmonzyme since he was about 2 1/2 and I think that can help alleviate some of the symptoms. Sorry not much help....

JazzysMom

Air trapping is just what it sounds like. For reasons like plugs, inflammation or lung damage there is air that gets trapped in the broncial tubes.

This is what typically causes the barrell chested look that many of the older CFers refer to. For me it can be minimized why aggressive treatments in the hospital, but at this point in my health its difficult to maintain that same level at home.

As to the other term of "density in the thymus area"....

the thymus is basically is an organ that stimulates the growth & release of infection fighting cells. It does the most work during childhood & through puberty, but stops functioning & actually shrinks & disappears with age & sometimes ailments.

I am not sure if the density means that this will interfere with his normal function of it or that its anything to worry at this point.

That is definitely something you need to confirm since they mentioned it.

JazzysMom

Air trapping is just what it sounds like. For reasons like plugs, inflammation or lung damage there is air that gets trapped in the broncial tubes.

This is what typically causes the barrell chested look that many of the older CFers refer to. For me it can be minimized why aggressive treatments in the hospital, but at this point in my health its difficult to maintain that same level at home.

the thymus is basically is an organ that stimulates the growth & release of infection fighting cells. It does the most work during childhood & through puberty, but stops functioning & actually shrinks & disappears with age & sometimes ailments.

I am not sure if the density means that this will interfere with his normal function of it or that its anything to worry at this point.

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

<br />
<br />This is what typically causes the barrell chested look that many of the older CFers refer to. For me it can be minimized why aggressive treatments in the hospital, but at this point in my health its difficult to maintain that same level at home.
<br />
<br />As to the other term of "density in the thymus area"....
<br />
<br />the thymus is basically is an organ that stimulates the growth & release of infection fighting cells. It does the most work during childhood & through puberty, but stops functioning & actually shrinks & disappears with age & sometimes ailments.
<br />
<br />I am not sure if the density means that this will interfere with his normal function of it or that its anything to worry at this point.
<br />
<br />That is definitely something you need to confirm since they mentioned it.

JazzysMom

<br />
<br />This is what typically causes the barrell chested look that many of the older CFers refer to. For me it can be minimized why aggressive treatments in the hospital, but at this point in my health its difficult to maintain that same level at home.
<br />
<br />As to the other term of "density in the thymus area"....
<br />
<br />the thymus is basically is an organ that stimulates the growth & release of infection fighting cells. It does the most work during childhood & through puberty, but stops functioning & actually shrinks & disappears with age & sometimes ailments.
<br />
<br />I am not sure if the density means that this will interfere with his normal function of it or that its anything to worry at this point.
<br />
<br />That is definitely something you need to confirm since they mentioned it.