Difficulty getting tobi

Jacqueas

Has anyone else had difficulty getting tobi ? As of February 1 we were told by our pharamciest that they could no longer order tobi. When speaking to our CF cordinator she said that the makers are trying to save the consumer money so they are limiting the pharmicies that you can get it at. Talking to the Cf foundation they said that the company is going to mail order only. They are also asking us to sign a form that we agree to only get it as they direct. Very confused!!!!!

Liza

You should have received a letter from your pharmacy telling you that Novartis decided to limit who could order TOBI. I called them (Novartis) when we received the letter from our Target pharmacy telling us they would no longer be able to order the medication. I told Novartis that I thought it was going to create a larger hassle. Not that that did any good. My daughter is now in the process of trying to get it switched over to the CFF pharmacy. You'd think it'd be a simple solution if you already get one medication from the CFF pharmacy but noooo, apparently Novartis wants to "work with your insurance co" to figure out which mail order pharmacy will be best. I'm hoping she'll receive it a couple of days before she's due to start back on her TOBI cycle.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Yep, we received a similar letter from our pharmacist. We've got a letter prepared from our attorney questioning the change. Very frustratiing. We start tobi up next week, but our pharmacist managed to get some for us. I'm gunshy because we had a bad experience with tobi and the CF pharmacy in the past -- added stress.

Jacqueas

I didnt recieve a letter . They didnt know until I reordered and they called to get it. I use a small pharmacy so they dont order it until I refill it. We did call the company ourselsves and they told us that we could get it mail order or from a speciality clinic. We have found a pharmacy that is in downtown fort worth(tx). Not sure where everyone lives. It is a CVS pharmacy and they were great . Have already got the script moved and picked up the tobi. They were super nice and even packed it to keep it cool till we got home. I was very impressed. Still upset though because I love our pharmacy and will leave our daughters other meds there. If there isnt enough to do , we now get to go to 2 diffrent pharmicies..

Liza

I'm impressed! I have never had any good service from CVS. I even was told that it was ok, it wasn't on the shelf that long, when I went to pick up Pulmozyme and they removed it from the shelf to give it to me, the box was not even cool. I refused it, took down the lot number and had them reorder it. That incident was the last straw and I never went back. I've had other incidents at other CVS pharmacies, so I gave the co. more than one chance. Anyway.... I'm glad you were able to get it. Makes me wonder why Novartis told me that it had to be negotiated by them and they were all mail order pharmacies. BTW, I'm in the North DFW area, small world!

Jimmya

Not sure if you all are aware of this but Walgreens is now the parent company of the CFservices pharmacy so that may help those of in search of TOBI. So I would expect that they could acquire it. I'm gratefull of the level of service that is provided by CFservices pharmacy.