Difficulty LOSING weight

Simba15

<br>I know most CFers can't gain weight but does anyone here have difficulty - more so than the average person- losing weight?I have to go on a STRICT 800-1,000 diet with NO carbs in order to lose weight. I have read my one mutation may be to blame.Any other people here have difficulty?

Simba15

<br>I know most CFers can't gain weight but does anyone here have difficulty - more so than the average person- losing weight?I have to go on a STRICT 800-1,000 diet with NO carbs in order to lose weight. I have read my one mutation may be to blame.Any other people here have difficulty?

mjp317

Me! I was gaining a lot actually and really upset about it. My Dr. Said it was likely because since diagnosed a year ago at age 39, my body was always fighting and coughing, but now with the meds, the coughing isn't as bad, hence the weight. 15 pounds to be exact. I found it was the alcohol this summer that put me up there. Can't lose it no matter how hard I try.

mjp317

Me! I was gaining a lot actually and really upset about it. My Dr. Said it was likely because since diagnosed a year ago at age 39, my body was always fighting and coughing, but now with the meds, the coughing isn't as bad, hence the weight. 15 pounds to be exact. I found it was the alcohol this summer that put me up there. Can't lose it no matter how hard I try.

SIcklyhatED

I'm the same way, more or less. The only time I ever saw dramatic weight loss was in the pits of an ED, with 200-300 calories a day and terrible exhaustion to boot.

I hadn't heard anything about the gene mutations being a part of it though.... can you elaborate maybe? I believe I'm delta F508, so similar to you.

SIcklyhatED

I'm the same way, more or less. The only time I ever saw dramatic weight loss was in the pits of an ED, with 200-300 calories a day and terrible exhaustion to boot.

I hadn't heard anything about the gene mutations being a part of it though.... can you elaborate maybe? I believe I'm delta F508, so similar to you.