Digestive problems with enzymes

moongoddess176

Hello all!
I am cross posting this from newly diagnosed.

I'm hoping that someone can help give me some insite about this. My son is 13 months old. We found out about his CF at 8 months when he got really sick. At first the enzymes worked really well (1 creon 10). Now he is up to 3 pills with all meals and we still have mixed results. He seems to be having a lot of digestive upset at times. He is also not digesting very well. Not to get graphic, but his stools are still loose, sometimes green, and not well digested at times. I do not want to keep upping his doses because I know that can cause problems as well (if the dose is too high). Has anyone had any experience with this? Is it just a normal thing and it will regulate itself eventually? What have you done to help matters? Does switching enzymes help? Does anyone know anything about how the enteric coating effects the enzyme activity? Any input would be great!
Thanks.

Alicia

moongoddess176

Hello all!

I'm hoping that someone can help give me some insite about this. My son is 13 months old. We found out about his CF at 8 months when he got really sick. At first the enzymes worked really well (1 creon 10). Now he is up to 3 pills with all meals and we still have mixed results. He seems to be having a lot of digestive upset at times. He is also not digesting very well. Not to get graphic, but his stools are still loose, sometimes green, and not well digested at times. I do not want to keep upping his doses because I know that can cause problems as well (if the dose is too high). Has anyone had any experience with this? Is it just a normal thing and it will regulate itself eventually? What have you done to help matters? Does switching enzymes help? Does anyone know anything about how the enteric coating effects the enzyme activity? Any input would be great!
Thanks.

Alicia

moongoddess176

Hello all!

Thanks.

Alicia

moongoddess176

Hello all!

Thanks.

Alicia

moongoddess176

Hello all!

Thanks.

Alicia