Disability (Social Security Disability benefits)

Talana

I was told by my clinic social worker to basically make myself sound as sick as I could, really emphisize how much time CF care takes, be very firm about the risks of me getting tired and what that can do to my health. I assume they did the same on their end of the paperwork. I barely met any of the qualifications, but I did hit most of them. I honestly did not expect to get approved the first time but I was. I had a nearly continuous work history from when I was 17 to when I stopped and applied at 24.
While I did not get any direct help from Beth, my clinic provided me with a packet of papers that she had created that laid out effective ways of saying things to have the best chance of approval.

Talana

I was told by my clinic social worker to basically make myself sound as sick as I could, really emphisize how much time CF care takes, be very firm about the risks of me getting tired and what that can do to my health. I assume they did the same on their end of the paperwork. I barely met any of the qualifications, but I did hit most of them. I honestly did not expect to get approved the first time but I was. I had a nearly continuous work history from when I was 17 to when I stopped and applied at 24.
While I did not get any direct help from Beth, my clinic provided me with a packet of papers that she had created that laid out effective ways of saying things to have the best chance of approval.

Talana

Talana

Talana

<br />While I did not get any direct help from Beth, my clinic provided me with a packet of papers that she had created that laid out effective ways of saying things to have the best chance of approval.

julie

Brad, mark recieved both SSI and SSDI for a few months before we got married. Then after we were married, I made too much for him to qualify for the SSI, but he continued to get the SSDI.
Cariann, I sent you a PM

julie

Brad, mark recieved both SSI and SSDI for a few months before we got married. Then after we were married, I made too much for him to qualify for the SSI, but he continued to get the SSDI.
Cariann, I sent you a PM

julie

Cariann, I sent you a PM

julie

Cariann, I sent you a PM

julie

<br />Cariann, I sent you a PM

Talana

I replied to this, but it appears to have been deleted? Wonder if I could be enlightened as to why? If it was deleted I would love a PM so I know what I did wrong, if anything, for the future.

Anyway... the gist of what I said before was...

After working from the time I was 17 until I was 24 I noticed that working was having a serious effect on my health. When I approached my social worker at clinic she advised me to be very firm in my paper work. Basically lay out exactly how much time daily it can take for me to do my meds, how much rest I need, and the consequences of not getting those things. They also provided me with a packet of information put out by Beth, outlining the best. Since I was just barely at the qualification lines, I really expected that I would get denied. However, with the help provided by my clinic and the information from Beth, I was approved first try.

Talana

I replied to this, but it appears to have been deleted? Wonder if I could be enlightened as to why? If it was deleted I would love a PM so I know what I did wrong, if anything, for the future.

After working from the time I was 17 until I was 24 I noticed that working was having a serious effect on my health. When I approached my social worker at clinic she advised me to be very firm in my paper work. Basically lay out exactly how much time daily it can take for me to do my meds, how much rest I need, and the consequences of not getting those things. They also provided me with a packet of information put out by Beth, outlining the best. Since I was just barely at the qualification lines, I really expected that I would get denied. However, with the help provided by my clinic and the information from Beth, I was approved first try.

Talana

Talana

Talana

<br />
<br />Anyway... the gist of what I said before was...
<br />
<br />After working from the time I was 17 until I was 24 I noticed that working was having a serious effect on my health. When I approached my social worker at clinic she advised me to be very firm in my paper work. Basically lay out exactly how much time daily it can take for me to do my meds, how much rest I need, and the consequences of not getting those things. They also provided me with a packet of information put out by Beth, outlining the best. Since I was just barely at the qualification lines, I really expected that I would get denied. However, with the help provided by my clinic and the information from Beth, I was approved first try.

Alys1987

Oh god dont even get me started on SSI. My mom fought for years,I think 10 for me to get SSI. They made her do the most ridicilous stuff. I'm an adult now so I take care of all my stuff and the last year and a half with SSI was hard. They made me go to a psychitrist,tons of dr appts with dr's who had no clue what CF was half the time. I once had to go to a remutologis for a referal for another dr. It made no sense. Every time I went to see one of these dr's they had no clue why I was there.

When I was in the hospital last year for three weeks I knew I was going to miss a SSI dr appt for PFT's so I called the guy in charge and told him I was in the hospital could he just use the PFT's form this hospital and he's like yeah have them fax them over. So I did and I get a letter in the mail a little while later and it says the PFT's are invalid because I was sick at the time!Duh! Then I ask if my follow up PFT's will work and again he says yeah and again I get a letter a little while later saying they are invalid because I was sick.

I had to go to my local ER and get PFT's done there on an ancient PFT machine.

They change my SSI amount around too and when I dispute back pay they always say I'm wrong.

I'm lucky to get anything from them I think but my mom wants me to see a disability lawyer. I dont want to do that,I dont want to cause trouble. I'm afraid if I complain I wont get anything from them.

I had a part time job last year and had to leave early on black Friday and they seemed nice about it then so I said I have a lung disease I just get sick sometimes but I was never called back.

My FEV's are at 47%. I just had a dr appt on Wednesday. My weight is stable right now,I do two nebs a day(Pulmozyne,HS,Albetural and Tobi) and the vest twice a day and accapella. I have MRSA and CFRD. When I'm sick I have to do 4 treatments a day.

Alys1987

Oh god dont even get me started on SSI. My mom fought for years,I think 10 for me to get SSI. They made her do the most ridicilous stuff. I'm an adult now so I take care of all my stuff and the last year and a half with SSI was hard. They made me go to a psychitrist,tons of dr appts with dr's who had no clue what CF was half the time. I once had to go to a remutologis for a referal for another dr. It made no sense. Every time I went to see one of these dr's they had no clue why I was there.

When I was in the hospital last year for three weeks I knew I was going to miss a SSI dr appt for PFT's so I called the guy in charge and told him I was in the hospital could he just use the PFT's form this hospital and he's like yeah have them fax them over. So I did and I get a letter in the mail a little while later and it says the PFT's are invalid because I was sick at the time!Duh! Then I ask if my follow up PFT's will work and again he says yeah and again I get a letter a little while later saying they are invalid because I was sick.

They change my SSI amount around too and when I dispute back pay they always say I'm wrong.

I'm lucky to get anything from them I think but my mom wants me to see a disability lawyer. I dont want to do that,I dont want to cause trouble. I'm afraid if I complain I wont get anything from them.

I had a part time job last year and had to leave early on black Friday and they seemed nice about it then so I said I have a lung disease I just get sick sometimes but I was never called back.

My FEV's are at 47%. I just had a dr appt on Wednesday. My weight is stable right now,I do two nebs a day(Pulmozyne,HS,Albetural and Tobi) and the vest twice a day and accapella. I have MRSA and CFRD. When I'm sick I have to do 4 treatments a day.

Alys1987

Alys1987

Alys1987

<br />
<br />When I was in the hospital last year for three weeks I knew I was going to miss a SSI dr appt for PFT's so I called the guy in charge and told him I was in the hospital could he just use the PFT's form this hospital and he's like yeah have them fax them over. So I did and I get a letter in the mail a little while later and it says the PFT's are invalid because I was sick at the time!Duh! Then I ask if my follow up PFT's will work and again he says yeah and again I get a letter a little while later saying they are invalid because I was sick.
<br />
<br />I had to go to my local ER and get PFT's done there on an ancient PFT machine.
<br />
<br />They change my SSI amount around too and when I dispute back pay they always say I'm wrong.
<br />
<br />I'm lucky to get anything from them I think but my mom wants me to see a disability lawyer. I dont want to do that,I dont want to cause trouble. I'm afraid if I complain I wont get anything from them.
<br />
<br />I had a part time job last year and had to leave early on black Friday and they seemed nice about it then so I said I have a lung disease I just get sick sometimes but I was never called back.
<br />
<br />My FEV's are at 47%. I just had a dr appt on Wednesday. My weight is stable right now,I do two nebs a day(Pulmozyne,HS,Albetural and Tobi) and the vest twice a day and accapella. I have MRSA and CFRD. When I'm sick I have to do 4 treatments a day.
<br />