disability

jesta36

hello people,
just updating my situation a lil and wanted some opinions. i worked for my company for 9 yrs and in all these 9 yrs ive had several ivs a yr and have had several short term disability leaves.my job is warehouse work, so i do manual labor. this has been the longest,i have been on long term disability for almost a yr now and have been on iv abx from july 08 till jan 09 and just started another round 3 wks ago to hymoptosis. 2 wks into i started coughing up blood again,bout 1/4 of a cup.
i have been denied SSI and resubmitted asap but that could take 1-3 months and my ltd is up in July.
in my denial papers, the examiner said 'coughing up blood was not a complication due to CF...imagine that.
this is the first time ive had to deal with disability issues like this... i dont know exactly what im looking for through this thread...but thanks for your time.
one love.

jesta36

hello people,
just updating my situation a lil and wanted some opinions. i worked for my company for 9 yrs and in all these 9 yrs ive had several ivs a yr and have had several short term disability leaves.my job is warehouse work, so i do manual labor. this has been the longest,i have been on long term disability for almost a yr now and have been on iv abx from july 08 till jan 09 and just started another round 3 wks ago to hymoptosis. 2 wks into i started coughing up blood again,bout 1/4 of a cup.
i have been denied SSI and resubmitted asap but that could take 1-3 months and my ltd is up in July.
in my denial papers, the examiner said 'coughing up blood was not a complication due to CF...imagine that.
this is the first time ive had to deal with disability issues like this... i dont know exactly what im looking for through this thread...but thanks for your time.
one love.

jesta36

hello people,
one love.

jesta36

hello people,
one love.

jesta36

hello people,
<br />just updating my situation a lil and wanted some opinions. i worked for my company for 9 yrs and in all these 9 yrs ive had several ivs a yr and have had several short term disability leaves.my job is warehouse work, so i do manual labor. this has been the longest,i have been on long term disability for almost a yr now and have been on iv abx from july 08 till jan 09 and just started another round 3 wks ago to hymoptosis. 2 wks into i started coughing up blood again,bout 1/4 of a cup.
<br />i have been denied SSI and resubmitted asap but that could take 1-3 months and my ltd is up in July.
<br />in my denial papers, the examiner said 'coughing up blood was not a complication due to CF...imagine that.
<br />.....
<br />this is the first time ive had to deal with disability issues like this... i dont know exactly what im looking for through this thread...but thanks for your time.
<br />one love.

ladybug

Jay,

Do not despair. Julie from this site has some amazing insight and can help where help is needed. Visit her site:

dafcf.org

Best of luck to you! I know the reasons for SSDI denials are ridiculous. I was denied up to federal appeal level about 10 years ago and finally, after starting from scratch with Julie's help, I was recently awarded disability (which I've actually qualified for all along). Its a long drawn-out process, but if you need it (which is clearly sounds like you do!), I have faith with help and "pointers" from Julie you will get it. Just don't give up! Jump through their hoops and do what they need and hopefully it will all work out. Good luck... Hope you feel better soon too.

ladybug

Jay,

Do not despair. Julie from this site has some amazing insight and can help where help is needed. Visit her site:

dafcf.org

Best of luck to you! I know the reasons for SSDI denials are ridiculous. I was denied up to federal appeal level about 10 years ago and finally, after starting from scratch with Julie's help, I was recently awarded disability (which I've actually qualified for all along). Its a long drawn-out process, but if you need it (which is clearly sounds like you do!), I have faith with help and "pointers" from Julie you will get it. Just don't give up! Jump through their hoops and do what they need and hopefully it will all work out. Good luck... Hope you feel better soon too.

ladybug

Jay,

dafcf.org

ladybug

Jay,

dafcf.org

ladybug

Jay,
<br />
<br />Do not despair. Julie from this site has some amazing insight and can help where help is needed. Visit her site:
<br />
<br />dafcf.org
<br />
<br />Best of luck to you! I know the reasons for SSDI denials are ridiculous. I was denied up to federal appeal level about 10 years ago and finally, after starting from scratch with Julie's help, I was recently awarded disability (which I've actually qualified for all along). Its a long drawn-out process, but if you need it (which is clearly sounds like you do!), I have faith with help and "pointers" from Julie you will get it. Just don't give up! Jump through their hoops and do what they need and hopefully it will all work out. Good luck... Hope you feel better soon too.

LouLou

You will definitely qualify if you lay out the details of your cf complications in the correct manner. Julie will be very helpful on this but in the meantime you can check out this link that describes how you can qualify. <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.ssa.gov/disability/professionals/bluebook/3.00-Respiratory-Adult.htm#3.04%20Cystic%20fibrosis
">http://www.ssa.gov/disability/...4%20Cystic%20fibrosis
</a>Remember you don't have to meet all these criteria...just one. Although the more you meet the better. YOu will notice the emphasis on frequency so it will be important to document dates of all your bouts of illness. Think spreadsheet, easy to digest, these people reviewing your case need it very clearly presented. OH and don't give them more than one years data. It only clouds the situation. Also a tip is that bottom line they need to prove that you can't work a straight 40 hour work week in any field. DOn't mention manual labor unless directly asked what you do. It will only work against you b/C they may say well you could get a desk job which isn't true because of the freq of your illnesses. Is your doc behind you 100%? Is he good about documentation (in your chart) and willing to advocate for you? YOu need a letter from your doc even though the SS may say it's not necessary. YOur doc should start from the template that lawyer Beth SUffian gave to the cf communtiy. It is in the handbook your doc should have or Julie will give you a copy. Doc should note your freq need for treatments throughout the day in order to stay well, naps, eating etc. In the meantime, make an "Example Day" schedule of what you do when. Including bathroom breaks, clearance breaks, all treatments, sleeping, eating, etc. DOn't make it over dramatic but factual. You'll need all your records from the previous year. Again SS will say they will req them from the doc but if you can mail it all in as one package - very organized - you'll be better off. Think of the paperwork nightmare from their end. No wonder it takes for ever.

I applied in June 08 and received acceptance in Aug 08. Apply for SSDI and SSI.

Good luck!

LouLou

You will definitely qualify if you lay out the details of your cf complications in the correct manner. Julie will be very helpful on this but in the meantime you can check out this link that describes how you can qualify. <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.ssa.gov/disability/professionals/bluebook/3.00-Respiratory-Adult.htm#3.04%20Cystic%20fibrosis
</a>Remember you don't have to meet all these criteria...just one. Although the more you meet the better. YOu will notice the emphasis on frequency so it will be important to document dates of all your bouts of illness. Think spreadsheet, easy to digest, these people reviewing your case need it very clearly presented. OH and don't give them more than one years data. It only clouds the situation. Also a tip is that bottom line they need to prove that you can't work a straight 40 hour work week in any field. DOn't mention manual labor unless directly asked what you do. It will only work against you b/C they may say well you could get a desk job which isn't true because of the freq of your illnesses. Is your doc behind you 100%? Is he good about documentation (in your chart) and willing to advocate for you? YOu need a letter from your doc even though the SS may say it's not necessary. YOur doc should start from the template that lawyer Beth SUffian gave to the cf communtiy. It is in the handbook your doc should have or Julie will give you a copy. Doc should note your freq need for treatments throughout the day in order to stay well, naps, eating etc. In the meantime, make an "Example Day" schedule of what you do when. Including bathroom breaks, clearance breaks, all treatments, sleeping, eating, etc. DOn't make it over dramatic but factual. You'll need all your records from the previous year. Again SS will say they will req them from the doc but if you can mail it all in as one package - very organized - you'll be better off. Think of the paperwork nightmare from their end. No wonder it takes for ever.

Good luck!

LouLou

Good luck!

LouLou

Good luck!

LouLou

</a><br />Remember you don't have to meet all these criteria...just one. Although the more you meet the better. YOu will notice the emphasis on frequency so it will be important to document dates of all your bouts of illness. Think spreadsheet, easy to digest, these people reviewing your case need it very clearly presented. OH and don't give them more than one years data. It only clouds the situation. Also a tip is that bottom line they need to prove that you can't work a straight 40 hour work week in any field. DOn't mention manual labor unless directly asked what you do. It will only work against you b/C they may say well you could get a desk job which isn't true because of the freq of your illnesses. Is your doc behind you 100%? Is he good about documentation (in your chart) and willing to advocate for you? YOu need a letter from your doc even though the SS may say it's not necessary. YOur doc should start from the template that lawyer Beth SUffian gave to the cf communtiy. It is in the handbook your doc should have or Julie will give you a copy. Doc should note your freq need for treatments throughout the day in order to stay well, naps, eating etc. In the meantime, make an "Example Day" schedule of what you do when. Including bathroom breaks, clearance breaks, all treatments, sleeping, eating, etc. DOn't make it over dramatic but factual. You'll need all your records from the previous year. Again SS will say they will req them from the doc but if you can mail it all in as one package - very organized - you'll be better off. Think of the paperwork nightmare from their end. No wonder it takes for ever.
<br />
<br />I applied in June 08 and received acceptance in Aug 08. Apply for SSDI and SSI.
<br />
<br />Good luck!

Brad

Jay

Julie can Help guide you through the SSA Maze..
Your FEV 1 should be enough to get Disability.
SSI will pay for all your Meds and Hospital, But will only give around776. a month.
Not sure if You can get Both SS and SSI.

But Apply for Both because SSI seems to be faster.

Lou Lou, are You getting Both ???

Brad

Jay

SSI will pay for all your Meds and Hospital, But will only give around776. a month.

Brad

Jay

Brad

Jay

Brad

Jay
<br />
<br /> Julie can Help guide you through the SSA Maze..
<br /> Your FEV 1 should be enough to get Disability.
<br /> SSI will pay for all your Meds and Hospital, But will only give around776. a month.
<br /> Not sure if You can get Both SS and SSI.
<br />
<br /> But Apply for Both because SSI seems to be faster.
<br />
<br /> Lou Lou, are You getting Both ???