Divorce

MicheleGazelle

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>julie</b></i>

Thank you everyone for the support, I really appreciate it. and thank you for continuing to welcome me here, that means so much to me. I will continue with DAFCF, it is really my passion!</end quote></div>

My experience has been that when my primary connection to some cause gets cut off, it doesn't cut me off from my passion for that cause but it does usually change my relationship to the cause, my definition of it, and my perspective on exactly what "the cause" is for me. So if you find that you love working on disability cases but matters less to you if it is a CF person and your focus shifts a bit, I hope you will not feel that it is "sour grapes" or feel that you are rejecting the CF community as a means to reject or forget him, etc. I hope you will embrace any changes that come out of this as an opportunity to grow -- to grow as a person and to grow your cause into a more mature vision of whatever it began as. That may mean (as one example) spending less time, percentage-wise, on CF cases but it does not have to mean rejecting one thing just because you embrace more stuff under the heading of your disability cause.

Maybe none of that will happen and you will just remain passionate about exactly the same thing you are passionate about now, in exactly the same way. However, if it does happen, I hope my remarks will help you feel okay about it and not agonize about what such changes "mean"...or whatever.

Good luck getting through your divorce and rebuilding a more beautiful, happy life for yourself.

Peace.

MicheleGazelle

Thank you everyone for the support, I really appreciate it. and thank you for continuing to welcome me here, that means so much to me. I will continue with DAFCF, it is really my passion!</end quote></div>

My experience has been that when my primary connection to some cause gets cut off, it doesn't cut me off from my passion for that cause but it does usually change my relationship to the cause, my definition of it, and my perspective on exactly what "the cause" is for me. So if you find that you love working on disability cases but matters less to you if it is a CF person and your focus shifts a bit, I hope you will not feel that it is "sour grapes" or feel that you are rejecting the CF community as a means to reject or forget him, etc. I hope you will embrace any changes that come out of this as an opportunity to grow -- to grow as a person and to grow your cause into a more mature vision of whatever it began as. That may mean (as one example) spending less time, percentage-wise, on CF cases but it does not have to mean rejecting one thing just because you embrace more stuff under the heading of your disability cause.

Maybe none of that will happen and you will just remain passionate about exactly the same thing you are passionate about now, in exactly the same way. However, if it does happen, I hope my remarks will help you feel okay about it and not agonize about what such changes "mean"...or whatever.

Good luck getting through your divorce and rebuilding a more beautiful, happy life for yourself.

Peace.

MicheleGazelle

Peace.

MicheleGazelle

Thank you everyone for the support, I really appreciate it. and thank you for continuing to welcome me here, that means so much to me. I will continue with DAFCF, it is really my passion!</end quote>

Peace.

MicheleGazelle

<br />
<br />Thank you everyone for the support, I really appreciate it. and thank you for continuing to welcome me here, that means so much to me. I will continue with DAFCF, it is really my passion!</end quote>
<br />
<br />My experience has been that when my primary connection to some cause gets cut off, it doesn't cut me off from my passion for that cause but it does usually change my relationship to the cause, my definition of it, and my perspective on exactly what "the cause" is for me. So if you find that you love working on disability cases but matters less to you if it is a CF person and your focus shifts a bit, I hope you will not feel that it is "sour grapes" or feel that you are rejecting the CF community as a means to reject or forget him, etc. I hope you will embrace any changes that come out of this as an opportunity to grow -- to grow as a person and to grow your cause into a more mature vision of whatever it began as. That may mean (as one example) spending less time, percentage-wise, on CF cases but it does not have to mean rejecting one thing just because you embrace more stuff under the heading of your disability cause.
<br />
<br />Maybe none of that will happen and you will just remain passionate about exactly the same thing you are passionate about now, in exactly the same way. However, if it does happen, I hope my remarks will help you feel okay about it and not agonize about what such changes "mean"...or whatever.
<br />
<br />Good luck getting through your divorce and rebuilding a more beautiful, happy life for yourself.
<br />
<br />Peace.

BigBee

Nothing that hasn't been already said, but I concur. My heart is breaking for you and your 3 little sweethearts! My connection to CF changed when my Dad died and again when Tami's little girl was dx. By and large, I've always been welcome here. As you will continue to be.

BigBee

Nothing that hasn't been already said, but I concur. My heart is breaking for you and your 3 little sweethearts! My connection to CF changed when my Dad died and again when Tami's little girl was dx. By and large, I've always been welcome here. As you will continue to be.

BigBee

BigBee

BigBee