Divorced Due To Money Protection?

dbtoo

I had concidered it for family reasons, but not for medical. I had a step-daughter gone wild, and it looked like we were going to be getting sued, etc. It was just to protect my ASSets. We turned her over to the state before the really nasty stuff occured.

You should look into durable general power of attorney, and living wills, as well as health care power of attorney. Health care should only give permission for them to pull the plug, but not to pay your bills before they pull the plug, that should be durable general power of attorney.

My wife keeps trying to invoke medical power of attorney - according to her I am continually in a "persistent vegetative state with little or no chance of regaining consciousness" !

dbtoo

I had concidered it for family reasons, but not for medical. I had a step-daughter gone wild, and it looked like we were going to be getting sued, etc. It was just to protect my ASSets. We turned her over to the state before the really nasty stuff occured.

You should look into durable general power of attorney, and living wills, as well as health care power of attorney. Health care should only give permission for them to pull the plug, but not to pay your bills before they pull the plug, that should be durable general power of attorney.

My wife keeps trying to invoke medical power of attorney - according to her I am continually in a "persistent vegetative state with little or no chance of regaining consciousness" !

dbtoo