Do Air Filters Work?

kitomd21

Our CF doctors essentially said that leaving the fan on (if you have central air) and using a high quality air filter will suffice. Leaving the fan on disables dust and other particles from settling and should work for the entire household - essentially bypassing the question regarding area filters. Our daughter's doctors don't believe that having an area filter in a bedroom will make much difference as most of us don't spend a lot of time in the bedroom...you would need an area filter for every single room in order for their use and cost to be justified. One of the doctors suggested the reusable type of air filter (wash with water every 2 weeks), but we found a disposable electrostatic filter that captures more particles than the reusable type (93% vs 90%).

kitomd21

Our CF doctors essentially said that leaving the fan on (if you have central air) and using a high quality air filter will suffice. Leaving the fan on disables dust and other particles from settling and should work for the entire household - essentially bypassing the question regarding area filters. Our daughter's doctors don't believe that having an area filter in a bedroom will make much difference as most of us don't spend a lot of time in the bedroom...you would need an area filter for every single room in order for their use and cost to be justified. One of the doctors suggested the reusable type of air filter (wash with water every 2 weeks), but we found a disposable electrostatic filter that captures more particles than the reusable type (93% vs 90%).

kitomd21

kitomd21

kitomd21

C

Cherylwithone

We have the Oreck in mys daughters room. She loves it!

Cheryl mom to Malora 15 w/cf

C

Cherylwithone

C

Cherylwithone

C

Cherylwithone

C

Cherylwithone

<br />
<br />Cheryl mom to Malora 15 w/cf

stanntn

I've had a Bionair for I think three years now. I use it just in my bedroom at night and close the door. It has a clean air smell but I don't know if it has done anything major as far as my breathing. Don't run it on hi for a long time it will give you a headache.

I've herd stories about them making too much ozone and all that crap too, I don't know about that either.

I haven't noticed breathing better or worse.

stanntn

I've had a Bionair for I think three years now. I use it just in my bedroom at night and close the door. It has a clean air smell but I don't know if it has done anything major as far as my breathing. Don't run it on hi for a long time it will give you a headache.

I've herd stories about them making too much ozone and all that crap too, I don't know about that either.

stanntn

stanntn

stanntn

<br />
<br />I've herd stories about them making too much ozone and all that crap too, I don't know about that either.
<br />
<br />I haven't noticed breathing better or worse.

Asexyblond23

I have tried some of the true air by hamilton beach and they were ok but they were True Hepa and not Hepa. So I found the 3m filtrate and they happend to be on clearence at walmart and did some reasearch on them. They are great!!! I also had one of the expensive ones from sears and it broke after 4 months. I have noticed a difference since I got the hepa 3m filtrates. I have 3 dogs and I have one in my living room and one in our bedroom. It cleans so much better and I can tell by what I clean off the inside every week. The filter says it last 3 months and it really does. Plus it tells me when it needs to be changed. I have been really really happy with them!!

Asexyblond23

I have tried some of the true air by hamilton beach and they were ok but they were True Hepa and not Hepa. So I found the 3m filtrate and they happend to be on clearence at walmart and did some reasearch on them. They are great!!! I also had one of the expensive ones from sears and it broke after 4 months. I have noticed a difference since I got the hepa 3m filtrates. I have 3 dogs and I have one in my living room and one in our bedroom. It cleans so much better and I can tell by what I clean off the inside every week. The filter says it last 3 months and it really does. Plus it tells me when it needs to be changed. I have been really really happy with them!!

Asexyblond23

Asexyblond23

Asexyblond23