do all anti-reject meds get lowered over time

<P>i know prednisone gets lowered slowly, in my case every month it gets lowered a little bit.  but i was wondering about prograf and imuran.........  i take 2mg of prograf in the morning and at night, and 75mg/50mg of imuran.  i handle most the side effects pretty well, but i was wondering if the docs try to lower the levels over time or leave them alone if you are healthy.  </P>
<P> </P>
<P>ps.  did any of you take valcyte or verconizole ???  im on them now and am wondering if i take those forever or just since i am recently transplanted.       i am aware these questions would be best for a Dr to answer but i wont have an apt for a week or so i i figured i'd try the internetzzz</P>

<P>i know prednisone gets lowered slowly, in my case every month it gets lowered a little bit. but i was wondering about prograf and imuran......... i take 2mg of prograf in the morning and at night, and 75mg/50mg of imuran. i handle most the side effects pretty well, but i was wondering if the docs try to lower the levels over time or leave them alone if you are healthy. </P>
<P></P>
<P>ps.did any of you take valcyte or verconizole ??? im on them now and am wondering if i take those forever or just since i am recently transplanted. i am aware these questions would be best for a Dr to answer but i wont have an apt for a week or so i i figured i'd try the internetzzz</P>

<P>i know prednisone gets lowered slowly, in my case every month it gets lowered a little bit. but i was wondering about prograf and imuran......... i take 2mg of prograf in the morning and at night, and 75mg/50mg of imuran. i handle most the side effects pretty well, but i was wondering if the docs try to lower the levels over time or leave them alone if you are healthy. </P>
<P></P>
<P>ps.did any of you take valcyte or verconizole ??? im on them now and am wondering if i take those forever or just since i am recently transplanted. i am aware these questions would be best for a Dr to answer but i wont have an apt for a week or so i i figured i'd try the internetzzz</P>

Marjolein

Most people are on Valcyte for about 3 months post transplant, sometimes 6 months.
Verconizole is an anti fungal right? I had to neb Amphoterazine B for about 3 weeks post transplant. And only after they cultured Aspergillus 6 weeks post tx I was on anti fungal tablets for 6 months.

Your Prograf dose might still be lowered. They usually start you on a Prograf level of 12 just post transplant. And when you get further out they slowly reduce the level. Mine is kept between 6 and 7 now.
It depends how many mg you need to take to get to the level you need to be, as everyone absorbs Prograf differently.
As for Imuran, my dose didn't change. Though after a few years I was switched from Imuran to Cellcept, that is the prefered med overhere in now.

Lowest dose of Pred I have had was 2.5mg

Marjolein

Most people are on Valcyte for about 3 months post transplant, sometimes 6 months.
Verconizole is an anti fungal right? I had to neb Amphoterazine B for about 3 weeks post transplant. And only after they cultured Aspergillus 6 weeks post tx I was on anti fungal tablets for 6 months.

Your Prograf dose might still be lowered. They usually start you on a Prograf level of 12 just post transplant. And when you get further out they slowly reduce the level. Mine is kept between 6 and 7 now.
It depends how many mg you need to take to get to the level you need to be, as everyone absorbs Prograf differently.
As for Imuran, my dose didn't change. Though after a few years I was switched from Imuran to Cellcept, that is the prefered med overhere in now.

Lowest dose of Pred I have had was 2.5mg

Marjolein

<br />Verconizole is an anti fungal right? I had to neb Amphoterazine B for about 3 weeks post transplant. And only after they cultured Aspergillus 6 weeks post tx I was on anti fungal tablets for 6 months.
<br />
<br />Your Prograf dose might still be lowered. They usually start you on a Prograf level of 12 just post transplant. And when you get further out they slowly reduce the level. Mine is kept between 6 and 7 now.
<br />It depends how many mg you need to take to get to the level you need to be, as everyone absorbs Prograf differently.
<br />As for Imuran, my dose didn't change. Though after a few years I was switched from Imuran to Cellcept, that is the prefered med overhere in now.
<br />
<br />Lowest dose of Pred I have had was 2.5mg

falbie13

I was on Gancyclovir IV for almost 6 months, then switched to oral acyclovir and BAM within weeks I converted to CMV + so I was switched to acyclovir 800mg three times a day. Now I take 200mg of acyclovir three times a day to prevent reactivation of the virus.  My prograf level is a continously changing because my gut is so unpredictable and it effects the absorption. The highest I have been on is 5mg twice a day, to as low as 2.5 mg twice a day. I am currently taking 3.5mg in the am and 3 mg in the pm with my level around 10. As for prednisone I am down to 5mg daily. I dont take imuran or cellcept because my WBC dropped to dangerous levels when I was on cellcept.

falbie13

I was on Gancyclovir IV for almost 6 months, then switched to oral acyclovir and BAM within weeks I converted to CMV + so I was switched to acyclovir 800mg three times a day. Now I take 200mg of acyclovir three times a day to preventreactivation of the virus. My prograf level is a continously changing because my gut is so unpredictable and it effects the absorption. The highest I have been on is 5mg twice a day, to as low as 2.5 mg twice a day. I am currently taking 3.5mg in the am and 3 mg in the pm with my level around 10. As for prednisone I am down to 5mg daily. I dont take imuran or cellcept because my WBC dropped to dangerous levels when I was on cellcept.

falbie13

<BR>I was on Gancyclovir IV for almost 6 months, then switched to oral acyclovir and BAM within weeks I converted to CMV + so I was switched to acyclovir 800mg three times a day. Now I take 200mg of acyclovir three times a day to preventreactivation of the virus. My prograf level is a continously changing because my gut is so unpredictable and it effects the absorption. The highest I have been on is 5mg twice a day, to as low as 2.5 mg twice a day. I am currently taking 3.5mg in the am and 3 mg in the pm with my level around 10. As for prednisone I am down to 5mg daily. I dont take imuran or cellcept because my WBC dropped to dangerous levels when I was on cellcept.