Do I Apply



I am on State medicaid and recieve Medicaid My Husband was a Vet And has a Honorable Discharge My Question is if I apply for his benifits will they take me off Medicaid if my income goes up how will i be able to have any insurance?My Husband has passed in 1987 I would love to know should I or should i apply and if my income goes up will I lose my insurance?


New member
this is defiantly a state-by-state policy question. The best thing to do would be to go to social or your local Social Security community service administration and ask in person. You could also call 211 and see if they have any referrals to local agencies that help with navigating benefits (usually for free or sliding scale since you have cf). I think, though, that you would be able to get the veteran's equivalent of medicaid and the VA often outsources specialty diseases to normal hospitals. Best of luck!


New member
Our social worker was pretty useless when we tried asking him about benefits. All he said was that there was three ways to apply. By phone, by mail or online. Useless!!