do I have cf?

christina44

okay so this has been scaring me, and I want to know if I'm freaking out over nothing or if I should go to my doctor. I'm 17 and lately my heart beats fast for hours at a time and I feel like I have to take a alot of deep breaths. And sometimes my chest hurts a little when I take a deep breath. I also have salty skin, although I think everyone's skin is a little salty so I don't know if it's more saltier than usual. Other then that I don't really have any of the other symptoms. I've always been normal weight and I'm hardly ever sick except occasional colds. Once a few years ago for a month I constantly coughed up mucus, but after that it never happened again and I never cough. A couple friends said the heart beating and breathing thing is just because I'm stressed out, but I wanted to get the opinions of people with more experience. Thanks for the help in advance.

-Christina

christina44

okay so this has been scaring me, and I want to know if I'm freaking out over nothing or if I should go to my doctor. I'm 17 and lately my heart beats fast for hours at a time and I feel like I have to take a alot of deep breaths. And sometimes my chest hurts a little when I take a deep breath. I also have salty skin, although I think everyone's skin is a little salty so I don't know if it's more saltier than usual. Other then that I don't really have any of the other symptoms. I've always been normal weight and I'm hardly ever sick except occasional colds. Once a few years ago for a month I constantly coughed up mucus, but after that it never happened again and I never cough. A couple friends said the heart beating and breathing thing is just because I'm stressed out, but I wanted to get the opinions of people with more experience. Thanks for the help in advance.

-Christina

christina44

-Christina

christina44

-Christina

christina44

-Christina

christina44

-Christina

robert321

ask your doctor for a sweat chloride test, if for no other reason than to calm your nerves. if you have it, then you know and can treat it, if not, then you know and don't have to worry about it anymore

robert321

ask your doctor for a sweat chloride test, if for no other reason than to calm your nerves. if you have it, then you know and can treat it, if not, then you know and don't have to worry about it anymore

robert321

robert321

robert321

robert321

christina44

what will he do? Will it cost extra or be covered by insurance? And will he know the results right away or will I have to wait? Sorry for all the questions.

christina44

what will he do? Will it cost extra or be covered by insurance? And will he know the results right away or will I have to wait? Sorry for all the questions.