do I have cf?

christina44

what will he do? Will it cost extra or be covered by insurance? And will he know the results right away or will I have to wait? Sorry for all the questions.

christina44

what will he do? Will it cost extra or be covered by insurance? And will he know the results right away or will I have to wait? Sorry for all the questions.

christina44

christina44

JORDYSMOM

Christina

What you are describing sounds very much like anxiety to me. Are you going through rought times? I have first hand experience with anxiety. I even went to the ER during one of my first few episodes.

I want to commend you on researching your symptoms. It's great that you are trying to be proactive. The best thing to do is to see a doc. Have you talked to your parents? I don't know your situation, but just to be safe you should get it checked out. Even if it is just stress, there's no reason to accept feeling that way.

To answer your questions, if you have insurance, it should cover the sweat test. It doesn't hurt, they attach little electrodes to give you a small electrical pulse. This makes you sweat. They collect the sweat and test it to see what your level is. Some places you get the result right away, others a few hours or a day or two.

Oh - and if you post this in the families or adults sections, you will get more responses.

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Christina

What you are describing sounds very much like anxiety to me. Are you going through rought times? I have first hand experience with anxiety. I even went to the ER during one of my first few episodes.

I want to commend you on researching your symptoms. It's great that you are trying to be proactive. The best thing to do is to see a doc. Have you talked to your parents? I don't know your situation, but just to be safe you should get it checked out. Even if it is just stress, there's no reason to accept feeling that way.

To answer your questions, if you have insurance, it should cover the sweat test. It doesn't hurt, they attach little electrodes to give you a small electrical pulse. This makes you sweat. They collect the sweat and test it to see what your level is. Some places you get the result right away, others a few hours or a day or two.

Oh - and if you post this in the families or adults sections, you will get more responses.

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Christina

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Christina

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Christina

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Christina

Stacey

NoExcuses

Be cafeful of sweat tests - more than likely it will just cause you confusion.

It's a pretty antiquated test with results not necessarily giving you a clear picture if you have CF or not.

If you want the most clear answer that you can possilby get - the best that science has to offer - ask for an Amplified Ambry genetic test. www.ambrygenetics.com

NoExcuses

It's a pretty antiquated test with results not necessarily giving you a clear picture if you have CF or not.

If you want the most clear answer that you can possilby get - the best that science has to offer - ask for an Amplified Ambry genetic test. www.ambrygenetics.com

NoExcuses

NoExcuses

NoExcuses

NoExcuses

S

shortcody23

maybe your friends are right. but i would still try to go to the doctor and just see if its anything to worry about
i have cf and you do get a lot of chest pains. and if ur coughing up mucus sometimes that could mean u have cf and maybe not it could just be a cold

by the way i just recentley joied (cf.com)
its cool

-cody
p.s. dont let it bother you and one last thing take it a day at a time or else you will get stessed out badly

S

shortcody23

maybe your friends are right. but i would still try to go to the doctor and just see if its anything to worry about
i have cf and you do get a lot of chest pains. and if ur coughing up mucus sometimes that could mean u have cf and maybe not it could just be a cold

its cool

-cody
p.s. dont let it bother you and one last thing take it a day at a time or else you will get stessed out badly

S

shortcody23

its cool

-cody

S

shortcody23

its cool

-cody