Do the oily stools irritate baby's bottoms while still in diapers?

AlexsMom

Do the oily stools create irritation and redness for babies still in diapers? She at times will have a bright red bottom I associated w/normal baby stuff- I realized today that any skin in the diaper area that is in contact w/her stool instantly turns bright red.

AlexsMom

Do the oily stools create irritation and redness for babies still in diapers? She at times will have a bright red bottom I associated w/normal baby stuff- I realized today that any skin in the diaper area that is in contact w/her stool instantly turns bright red.

AlexsMom

AlexsMom

AlexsMom

momoffive

My son is currently awaiting results, but this happens to him also - his bottom is very irritated, and I must change him at once or he will even bleed from it. (but he also has a bleeding disorder)

momoffive

My son is currently awaiting results, but this happens to him also - his bottom is very irritated, and I must change him at once or he will even bleed from it. (but he also has a bleeding disorder)

momoffive

momoffive

momoffive

T

TonyaH

Yes, CF diapers definitely cause more skin irritation. Talk to your doctor. They may be able to prescribe some better ointments than what you can purchase over the counter, but also may want to try a different diet. When Andrew was a baby I used as much ointment and powder as I could and it still didn't help. And yes, I remember the bleeding and the crying when it was time to change him. You may want to be very careful about baby wipes. Many have alcohol that burn irritated bottoms. At one point I remember using warm paper towel and a mild moisurizing soap at changing time. Good luck!

T

TonyaH

Yes, CF diapers definitely cause more skin irritation. Talk to your doctor. They may be able to prescribe some better ointments than what you can purchase over the counter, but also may want to try a different diet. When Andrew was a baby I used as much ointment and powder as I could and it still didn't help. And yes, I remember the bleeding and the crying when it was time to change him. You may want to be very careful about baby wipes. Many have alcohol that burn irritated bottoms. At one point I remember using warm paper towel and a mild moisurizing soap at changing time. Good luck!

T

TonyaH

T

TonyaH

T

TonyaH

T

tammykrumrey

Yes, my daughters both had terrible bottoms. It was heartbreaking how raw they would look, no matter what I did. I do remember getting a prescription to help. And whenever I could, I would take the diaper off and just let them lay/sit and play on something absorbent, like a changing/diaper pad, just in case they had an accident. It seemed to help their bottoms dry out a little.

It's been a while since mine were that little, but it was really an issue for me and I know they had to be miserable.

T

tammykrumrey

Yes, my daughters both had terrible bottoms. It was heartbreaking how raw they would look, no matter what I did. I do remember getting a prescription to help. And whenever I could, I would take the diaper off and just let them lay/sit and play on something absorbent, like a changing/diaper pad, just in case they had an accident. It seemed to help their bottoms dry out a little.

It's been a while since mine were that little, but it was really an issue for me and I know they had to be miserable.

T

tammykrumrey

T

tammykrumrey

T

tammykrumrey