Do you believe in doing every and any treatment and Medication

dasjsmum

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Gnub</b></i>

I do not believe it is absolutely necessary to take every medication under the sun. I am on both TOBI and Zithromax. The thing is that they both are antibiotics that treat the exact same problem (Pseudomonas aeruginosa). The only difference is that one is inhaled and the other is oral. I constantly want to stop the Zithromax (and have done so on several occasions), yet ever time I do, I am put right back on it against my protests. In my eyes, if one does the intended job and my FEV1 results are positive when I have my PFT's, why do I need both. I take creons, ADEK's, Ursodiol, and vitamin D supplements (when my levels are low). I even take Cipro (for Staphylococcus aureus treatments) if my doctor puts me on a 2-week program. All of them treat different things, and all of them keep my healthy.

I want to know if anyone can give me advice on how to pursue this. Thanks

26 years old</end quote></div>

Hi Gnub, just a query, are you aware that the Azithro is used for inflammation? It's not used as an antibiotic against pseudo or for its antibiotic actions, but it anti inflammatory actions.

Tobi is an antibiotic used against pseudo...now, we dont have Tobi here (which to me sounds like a powder inhaled form? Or is it just nebbed?).

So, in the US for example, you are all put on Tobi as a matter of course (because it is available to you). We dont have it and only have Tobramycin (nebbed or IV) when having an exacerbation.

It would be interesting to compare outcomes for say the US on Tobi (one month on one off), compared to other countries where it's not available and see if it makes a difference to the amount of exacerbations etc., between the two.

dasjsmum

I do not believe it is absolutely necessary to take every medication under the sun. I am on both TOBI and Zithromax. The thing is that they both are antibiotics that treat the exact same problem (Pseudomonas aeruginosa). The only difference is that one is inhaled and the other is oral. I constantly want to stop the Zithromax (and have done so on several occasions), yet ever time I do, I am put right back on it against my protests. In my eyes, if one does the intended job and my FEV1 results are positive when I have my PFT's, why do I need both. I take creons, ADEK's, Ursodiol, and vitamin D supplements (when my levels are low). I even take Cipro (for Staphylococcus aureus treatments) if my doctor puts me on a 2-week program. All of them treat different things, and all of them keep my healthy.

Hi Gnub, just a query, are you aware that the Azithro is used for inflammation? It's not used as an antibiotic against pseudo or for its antibiotic actions, but it anti inflammatory actions.

Tobi is an antibiotic used against pseudo...now, we dont have Tobi here (which to me sounds like a powder inhaled form? Or is it just nebbed?).

So, in the US for example, you are all put on Tobi as a matter of course (because it is available to you). We dont have it and only have Tobramycin (nebbed or IV) when having an exacerbation.

It would be interesting to compare outcomes for say the US on Tobi (one month on one off), compared to other countries where it's not available and see if it makes a difference to the amount of exacerbations etc., between the two.

dasjsmum

dasjsmum

26 years old</end quote>

dasjsmum

<br />
<br />I do not believe it is absolutely necessary to take every medication under the sun. I am on both TOBI and Zithromax. The thing is that they both are antibiotics that treat the exact same problem (Pseudomonas aeruginosa). The only difference is that one is inhaled and the other is oral. I constantly want to stop the Zithromax (and have done so on several occasions), yet ever time I do, I am put right back on it against my protests. In my eyes, if one does the intended job and my FEV1 results are positive when I have my PFT's, why do I need both. I take creons, ADEK's, Ursodiol, and vitamin D supplements (when my levels are low). I even take Cipro (for Staphylococcus aureus treatments) if my doctor puts me on a 2-week program. All of them treat different things, and all of them keep my healthy.
<br />
<br />I want to know if anyone can give me advice on how to pursue this. Thanks
<br />
<br />26 years old</end quote>
<br />
<br />Hi Gnub, just a query, are you aware that the Azithro is used for inflammation? It's not used as an antibiotic against pseudo or for its antibiotic actions, but it anti inflammatory actions.
<br />
<br />Tobi is an antibiotic used against pseudo...now, we dont have Tobi here (which to me sounds like a powder inhaled form? Or is it just nebbed?).
<br />
<br />So, in the US for example, you are all put on Tobi as a matter of course (because it is available to you). We dont have it and only have Tobramycin (nebbed or IV) when having an exacerbation.
<br />
<br />It would be interesting to compare outcomes for say the US on Tobi (one month on one off), compared to other countries where it's not available and see if it makes a difference to the amount of exacerbations etc., between the two.

Gnub

Hi dasjsmum,

Thanks for the reply. I became aware that Zithromax was anti-inflammation about 30 minutes after I posted (believed it was for the psuedomonas), but I have found alternative holistic approaches for anti-inflammation. I don't notice any difference between when I am on or off Zithromax. The Tobi (Tobramycin) I take is the nebulizer (month on month off). But still, if there are alternative therapies that work that aren't prescribed, aren't completely necessary, or that break the bank, then that should be an available choice that others should accept. Just because a drug is prescribed doesn't necessarily mean that you need it. It really depends on the person and what they can tolerate and what works for them.

26 years old

Gnub

Hi dasjsmum,

Thanks for the reply. I became aware that Zithromax was anti-inflammation about 30 minutes after I posted (believed it was for the psuedomonas), but I have found alternative holistic approaches for anti-inflammation. I don't notice any difference between when I am on or off Zithromax. The Tobi (Tobramycin) I take is the nebulizer (month on month off). But still, if there are alternative therapies that work that aren't prescribed, aren't completely necessary, or that break the bank, then that should be an available choice that others should accept. Just because a drug is prescribed doesn't necessarily mean that you need it. It really depends on the person and what they can tolerate and what works for them.

26 years old

Gnub

Hi dasjsmum,

26 years old

Gnub

Hi dasjsmum,

26 years old

Gnub

Hi dasjsmum,

26 years old