Do you stay home to do home ivs or go to work with ivs?

yrmathews

It depends on the iv schedule. If they are every 6 and 8 hours. I work half days. If they are every 8 and 12 hours, I work most of the day. It also depends if the ivs are gravity bags or pumps. I go to work if they are pumps.

scanboyd

<P>What few Iv's I have had over the yrs., I did them at work when needed. I retired in 2004 but had a great time working for 35 yrs. . My fellow emp. and employer were very supportive and understanding. </P>
<P>Good luck on your decision</P>

scanboyd

<P>What few Iv's I have had over the yrs., I did them at work when needed. I retired in 2004 but had a great time working for 35 yrs. . My fellow emp. and employer were very supportive and understanding. </P>

scanboyd

<P><BR>What few Iv's I have had over the yrs., I did them at work when needed. I retired in 2004 but had a great time working for 35 yrs. . My fellow emp. and employer were very supportive and understanding. </P>

B

BikerEd

It cool to see so many that go to work When home IV'd. I can't cause I work in the field, no really the Site starts as a big open field, Soil, Grass, Trees, and then Bang! we have a building.....

B

BikerEd

It cool to see so many that go to work When home IV'd. I can't cause I work in the field, no really the Site starts as a big open field, Soil, Grass, Trees, and then Bang! we have a building.....

B

BikerEd

mamaScarlett

Home for sure. I view IVs as a substitute for when I'd otherwise be in the hospital. So I make my house the hospital for 2 weeks. After the 2 weeks though, as long as I'm improving, I do what I need to and resume normal schedule.

mamaScarlett

Home for sure. I view IVs as a substitute for when I'd otherwise be in the hospital. So I make my house the hospital for 2 weeks. After the 2 weeks though, as long as I'm improving, I do what I need to and resume normal schedule.

mamaScarlett

imported_Momto2

Yes, I would still train and compete horses with an IV. When I was in college/grad school, I still attended classes and carried on as usual, just making sure I got plenty of rest. My doc wasnt thrilled with the whole riding with an IV thing though, cant imagine why! heheh, about 6 years ago, my hubby and eldest daughter had the flu, he was too sick to watch the baby. My IV infiltrated at 1 in the AM....I ended up packing our 4 month old into her carrier and trotting into the ER to have the line replaced, which of course took about 4 hours since I am a hard stick. Youngest daughter was/is a gem. I rocked her and fed her with one arm as they tried to get a line into the other! You do what you have to. Two thumbs up for those IV balls!

imported_Momto2

Yes, I would still train and compete horses with an IV. When I was in college/grad school, I still attended classes and carried on as usual, just making sure I got plenty of rest. My doc wasnt thrilled with the whole riding with an IV thing though, cant imagine why! heheh, about 6 years ago, my hubby and eldest daughter had the flu, he was too sick to watch the baby. My IV infiltrated at 1 in the AM....I ended up packing our 4 month old into her carrier and trotting into the ER to have the line replaced, which of course took about 4 hours since I am a hard stick. Youngest daughter was/is a gem. I rocked her and fed her with one arm as they tried to get a line into the other! You do what you have to. Two thumbs up for those IV balls!

imported_Momto2

Incomudrox

I don't have a port but, when I had had PICCs 30 or so admissions in the last 4-5 years I have always gone to work. I worked with the public at one of my jobs for two years, I would just wear a hoodie and put the grenade in my hoodie pocket and then take the 2-3 min to hook up or disconnect in back where customers could not see. No one ever had any idea. I once did an entire engine swap with a PICC line and doing antibiotics simultaneously, in my same normal no PICC line time of 1 day. I have never let IV's at home stop me from doing anything.

Incomudrox

I don't have a port but, when I had had PICCs 30 or so admissions in the last 4-5 years I have always gone to work. I worked with the public at one of my jobs for two years, I would just wear a hoodie and put the grenade in my hoodie pocket and then take the 2-3 min to hook up or disconnect in back where customers could not see. No one ever had any idea. I once did an entire engine swap with a PICC line and doing antibiotics simultaneously, in my same normal no PICC line time of 1 day. I have never let IV's at home stop me from doing anything.

Incomudrox

jaimers

Super Moderator
I've done both but the time's i've gone back to work i didn't see as much benefit from the IVs because i wasn't able to fit in working and getting more vest in (usually 4x/day when doing IVs for me as opposed to my normal 2x/day) so for me personally going to work while doing IVs is a waste of time because i don't get as much benefit and end up getting sicker quicker in the future. if you're able, i absolutely recommend taking time off to do the full course of antibiotics at home or in the hospital.

jaimers

Super Moderator
I've done both but the time's i've gone back to work i didn't see as much benefit from the IVs because i wasn't able to fit in working and getting more vest in (usually 4x/day when doing IVs for me as opposed to my normal 2x/day) so for me personally going to work while doing IVs is a waste of time because i don't get as much benefit and end up getting sicker quicker in the future. if you're able, i absolutely recommend taking time off to do the full course of antibiotics at home or in the hospital.

jaimers

Super Moderator

Jana

I'm a teacher, so it's difficult to miss work. I do IVs at school, and my students just get used to it. They're amazingly un-bothered by the whole thing, and I answer any questions they have about it.

Sometimes I have to stay home and get some extra rest for a day here and there while doing the IVs, though, and one time I finally had to just do half days for the whole course. I agree it's not worth it to push too hard.