Doc's told us to pack our bags

Tcole

Grayson has had this awful cough for about a week now. We went to CF clinic last week. We upped treatments. Then thurs still no better. Then thurs they called in an oral steriod. She is even worse. We went to her ped yesterday and she was very concerned and wanted to talk with cf doc's. She doesnt have a fever, just a junky cough (where she gag's and throws up) runny nose and ear infection. I decided to call CF doc's myself and asked what we should do. They want us to come in today for a xray. They also told us to pack our overnite bags just in case.

Also, since she has had so many ear infections, we are scheduled for ear tubes and a bronch next week. But since she is ill we need to get over this first.

Tcole

Grayson has had this awful cough for about a week now. We went to CF clinic last week. We upped treatments. Then thurs still no better. Then thurs they called in an oral steriod. She is even worse. We went to her ped yesterday and she was very concerned and wanted to talk with cf doc's. She doesnt have a fever, just a junky cough (where she gag's and throws up) runny nose and ear infection. I decided to call CF doc's myself and asked what we should do. They want us to come in today for a xray. They also told us to pack our overnite bags just in case.

Also, since she has had so many ear infections, we are scheduled for ear tubes and a bronch next week. But since she is ill we need to get over this first.

Tcole

Tcole

Tcole

<br />
<br />Also, since she has had so many ear infections, we are scheduled for ear tubes and a bronch next week. But since she is ill we need to get over this first.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Have you gotten culture results back from the appointment last week? That might be helpful in determining what could be causing the junky cough, so they can come up with an appropriate treatment plan. You're in my thoughts.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Have you gotten culture results back from the appointment last week? That might be helpful in determining what could be causing the junky cough, so they can come up with an appropriate treatment plan. You're in my thoughts.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

N

NanaOf8GirlsAndCounting

Well, Graycie has been admitted for 2 weeks of antibotic's. She has pnemonia. Going to be getting a pic line and hopefully will be able to come home in a week to finish up at home. She was doing so well this whole winter until about a week or so ago. Things seem to be able to change so fast it is scary. I do have a question that probably already has been answered here before but I will ask anyway. Graycie's sisters are 6 and Lainey is very upset about this hospital stay more than anyother one. She was bawling her little head off when she found out Graycie had to stay. Tiffany explained to both of them that she might have to stay to get them ready in case she did have to stay but that didn't seem to help Lainey. How do you explain or calm the fears of a 6 yr old? She is a very emotional girl anyway and this just seems to have hit her hard this time. I feel so bad for her. They are staying with Nana and Pappy so any advice would be greatly appreciated. I hate CF and when things are going so well we can almost stop thinking about CF but then something happens and you are thrown back to reality that this is something that will continue to happen. Is there any books available to help 6yr olds deal with hospital stays for their siblings?

N

NanaOf8GirlsAndCounting

Well, Graycie has been admitted for 2 weeks of antibotic's. She has pnemonia. Going to be getting a pic line and hopefully will be able to come home in a week to finish up at home. She was doing so well this whole winter until about a week or so ago. Things seem to be able to change so fast it is scary. I do have a question that probably already has been answered here before but I will ask anyway. Graycie's sisters are 6 and Lainey is very upset about this hospital stay more than anyother one. She was bawling her little head off when she found out Graycie had to stay. Tiffany explained to both of them that she might have to stay to get them ready in case she did have to stay but that didn't seem to help Lainey. How do you explain or calm the fears of a 6 yr old? She is a very emotional girl anyway and this just seems to have hit her hard this time. I feel so bad for her. They are staying with Nana and Pappy so any advice would be greatly appreciated. I hate CF and when things are going so well we can almost stop thinking about CF but then something happens and you are thrown back to reality that this is something that will continue to happen. Is there any books available to help 6yr olds deal with hospital stays for their siblings?

N

NanaOf8GirlsAndCounting

N

NanaOf8GirlsAndCounting

N

NanaOf8GirlsAndCounting

N

NanaOf8GirlsAndCounting

Update on Graycie, my daughter just texted and told me that Graycie also has RSV. How can this happen? She is on the shots all winter. I am so mad right now i can barely type this.

N

NanaOf8GirlsAndCounting

Update on Graycie, my daughter just texted and told me that Graycie also has RSV. How can this happen? She is on the shots all winter. I am so mad right now i can barely type this.

N

NanaOf8GirlsAndCounting

N

NanaOf8GirlsAndCounting

N

NanaOf8GirlsAndCounting