Doc's told us to pack our bags

3LilFightersmom

so sorry to hear that she also has rsv. My son gets the synagis shots as well... ( they are the same age). My understanding is that the shots are NOT an immunization, but a shot of extra antibodies to boost the bodies resistance. So it is still possible to get it even with the shots. I will keep Graycie in my prayers... please keep us updated.

3LilFightersmom

so sorry to hear that she also has rsv. My son gets the synagis shots as well... ( they are the same age). My understanding is that the shots are NOT an immunization, but a shot of extra antibodies to boost the bodies resistance. So it is still possible to get it even with the shots. I will keep Graycie in my prayers... please keep us updated.

3LilFightersmom

3LilFightersmom

3LilFightersmom

JORDYSMOM

Cheryl, I'm just so sorry that Graycie is so sick. I hope they can get her on a med or meds that will get her feeling better very quickly.

As for Lainey, I don't know of any good books for you to read, but my oldest son went through quite a time when Jordan was dx, so I understand how tough it is on siblings. This is scary enough for adults, so I'm sure it is even harder for a child to deal with.

With Bronson, we just spent a lot of time talking about things that were bothering him. I think it's important to be as honest about things as possible, keeping things age appropriate of course. I would let Lainey take the lead in the conversation by asking her if she wants to talk about the things that are bothering her. Sometimes just talking about it/venting is enough even for a child. You just have to get it out sometimes, you know?

Maybe you can find an activity to take her mind off of things for a little while. The thing that was the hardest for me was to try to keep my emotions in check so that my kids didn't feed off of my fear/stress. This disease is a never ending battle for the entire family, and all we can do is our best.

I'll be keeping your family in my prayers. Please keep us posted.

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Cheryl, I'm just so sorry that Graycie is so sick. I hope they can get her on a med or meds that will get her feeling better very quickly.

As for Lainey, I don't know of any good books for you to read, but my oldest son went through quite a time when Jordan was dx, so I understand how tough it is on siblings. This is scary enough for adults, so I'm sure it is even harder for a child to deal with.

With Bronson, we just spent a lot of time talking about things that were bothering him. I think it's important to be as honest about things as possible, keeping things age appropriate of course. I would let Lainey take the lead in the conversation by asking her if she wants to talk about the things that are bothering her. Sometimes just talking about it/venting is enough even for a child. You just have to get it out sometimes, you know?

Maybe you can find an activity to take her mind off of things for a little while. The thing that was the hardest for me was to try to keep my emotions in check so that my kids didn't feed off of my fear/stress. This disease is a never ending battle for the entire family, and all we can do is our best.

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

<br />
<br />As for Lainey, I don't know of any good books for you to read, but my oldest son went through quite a time when Jordan was dx, so I understand how tough it is on siblings. This is scary enough for adults, so I'm sure it is even harder for a child to deal with.
<br />
<br />With Bronson, we just spent a lot of time talking about things that were bothering him. I think it's important to be as honest about things as possible, keeping things age appropriate of course. I would let Lainey take the lead in the conversation by asking her if she wants to talk about the things that are bothering her. Sometimes just talking about it/venting is enough even for a child. You just have to get it out sometimes, you know?
<br />
<br />Maybe you can find an activity to take her mind off of things for a little while. The thing that was the hardest for me was to try to keep my emotions in check so that my kids didn't feed off of my fear/stress. This disease is a never ending battle for the entire family, and all we can do is our best.
<br />
<br />I'll be keeping your family in my prayers. Please keep us posted.
<br />
<br />Stacey

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Oh dear, RSV! I'm so sorry. That was one of my fears when DS was a baby despite being on the shots as well. It's my understanding that RSV is made up of a number of different viruses, so it's difficult to identify a specific bug, but the shots will help with some immunity, lessen symptoms and severity. It's apparently going around here as well.

Hopefully being in the hospital they'll be agressive about CPT -- DS usually gets it every 4 hours when he's been hospitalized. You're family is in my thoughts and prayers.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Oh dear, RSV! I'm so sorry. That was one of my fears when DS was a baby despite being on the shots as well. It's my understanding that RSV is made up of a number of different viruses, so it's difficult to identify a specific bug, but the shots will help with some immunity, lessen symptoms and severity. It's apparently going around here as well.

Hopefully being in the hospital they'll be agressive about CPT -- DS usually gets it every 4 hours when he's been hospitalized. You're family is in my thoughts and prayers.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<br />
<br />Hopefully being in the hospital they'll be agressive about CPT -- DS usually gets it every 4 hours when he's been hospitalized. You're family is in my thoughts and prayers.

N

NanaOf8GirlsAndCounting

They moved Graycie to the infectious disease floor which scares the bjesus out of me. When she was first admitted they wanted to have her on a floor where there wasn't alot of sickness and even moved another patient to do this. After doing the culture and finding RSV she got moved. They said her culture was serious and we are trying to stay calm. As for Lainey, she did talk about her fears last night and I feel that she now feels much better. When stuff like this happens it is a wakeup reminder that CF affects the whole family in one way or another.

N

NanaOf8GirlsAndCounting

They moved Graycie to the infectious disease floor which scares the bjesus out of me. When she was first admitted they wanted to have her on a floor where there wasn't alot of sickness and even moved another patient to do this. After doing the culture and finding RSV she got moved. They said her culture was serious and we are trying to stay calm. As for Lainey, she did talk about her fears last night and I feel that she now feels much better. When stuff like this happens it is a wakeup reminder that CF affects the whole family in one way or another.

N

NanaOf8GirlsAndCounting

N

NanaOf8GirlsAndCounting

N

NanaOf8GirlsAndCounting