Does anyone else have foul BO?

Rossigrl

So it seems to occur with humidity or if exercising. My armpits produce a bad odor that my husband loves to point out! Showering doesn't help, clinical strength deodorants don't help, what to do? I am assuming it is either my diet or pseudomonas and MRSA. I have 2 sisters and one has CF and she has the same issue, the non CFer doesn't have the problem. Anyone else share my lovely odor problem and what do you find works for you?

kmhbeauty

Yes and nothing works for me for an extended period of time either. I take a shower every day, wash under arms, and use clinical protection. I wanted to find a natural deodorant that worked and wasn't putting harmful chemicals in my breast and lung area. I bought this one on ebay and Im in love. It really works well! I have tried everything over the years, this stuff is the best. I just hope my body doesn't get use to it. If I start to smell that musk smell, I just reapply. I work where Im running around for 6 hours so sometimes I have to reapply. Here is the link http://www.ebay.com/itm/Homemade-Al...839?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a23ef2227

Melissa75

Administrator
I don't have a CF answer for you, but some people in my family (me and sister sometimes, son and niece frequently) smell like onions. Literally, fast food onion ring armpits. It has something to do with sulfur.

My son and I use Tom's of Maine lavender deodorant, and it works 100%. Also, this is the first deodorant I've EVER had that doesn't turn the pits of my white shirts yellow. I've saved probably $100 in clothes since only using Toms of Maine.

I've also read that you can buy a stainless steel bar to rub on your pits with running water, so when you shower, and you'll smell great. I've been meaning to get that.

Ted Hughes

I know the BO you are talking about. For me it only happens when I have an infection. I use it as an indicator that I might need to get on antibiotics.