Does anyone go to CHOP?

DannysMom

We are thinking of getting a 2nd opinion.. Does anyone go to Childrens hospital in Philadelphia.. If so, who is your pulmonologist?

DannysMom

We are thinking of getting a 2nd opinion.. Does anyone go to Childrens hospital in Philadelphia.. If so, who is your pulmonologist?

DannysMom

DannysMom

DannysMom

T

tarheel

Just from what I've heard from ppl who do go to chop- the staff changes very frequently. (meaning it's not a good hospital to work for) have you considered other "nearby" second opinons like johns Hopkins or AI dupont (both accredited CF centers.) I go to AI in del. and although there have been issues (what center doesn't have those?) I'd reccomend it for a second opinon.

T

tarheel

Just from what I've heard from ppl who do go to chop- the staff changes very frequently. (meaning it's not a good hospital to work for) have you considered other "nearby" second opinons like johns Hopkins or AI dupont (both accredited CF centers.) I go to AI in del. and although there have been issues (what center doesn't have those?) I'd reccomend it for a second opinon.

T

tarheel

T

tarheel

T

tarheel

JoAnn

Hi Danny's Mom - We go to DuPont in Delaware and are extremely happy there. We are located in between CHOP, St. Christophers and DuPont. We chose AI DuPont. We have friends that go to CHOP and St Christophers also. I think you need to go where you are comfortable. What are you looking for a second opinion for ?

JoAnn

Hi Danny's Mom - We go to DuPont in Delaware and are extremely happy there. We are located in between CHOP, St. Christophers and DuPont. We chose AI DuPont. We have friends that go to CHOP and St Christophers also. I think you need to go where you are comfortable. What are you looking for a second opinion for ?

JoAnn

JoAnn

JoAnn

janddburke

We go to CHOP. transferred from St. Chris about 9 1/2 years ago.
we used to see Dr. Clayton, but he left about 6 years ago and we have been seeing Dr. Rubenstein ever since.
there is turnover, no question about that, but not so sure it's because CHOP is such a terrible place to work.
there are Docs, nurses, social workers and Respiratory Therapists that have been there since we started.
I highly recommend Dr. Rubenstein.

we are fortunate(fortunate??) to be in a location from which we have MANY CF clinics to chose.

as with many situations, your CF clinic experience my differ from everyone else's. you need to be comfortable and you philosophy needs to mesh with your teams'.

go for a second opinion (or a third or a fourth) and go with your gut.

janddburke

we used to see Dr. Clayton, but he left about 6 years ago and we have been seeing Dr. Rubenstein ever since.
there is turnover, no question about that, but not so sure it's because CHOP is such a terrible place to work.
there are Docs, nurses, social workers and Respiratory Therapists that have been there since we started.

we are fortunate(fortunate??) to be in a location from which we have MANY CF clinics to chose.

as with many situations, your CF clinic experience my differ from everyone else's. you need to be comfortable and you philosophy needs to mesh with your teams'.

janddburke

janddburke

janddburke

<br />we used to see Dr. Clayton, but he left about 6 years ago and we have been seeing Dr. Rubenstein ever since.
<br />there is turnover, no question about that, but not so sure it's because CHOP is such a terrible place to work.
<br />there are Docs, nurses, social workers and Respiratory Therapists that have been there since we started.
<br />I highly recommend Dr. Rubenstein.
<br />
<br />we are fortunate(fortunate??) to be in a location from which we have MANY CF clinics to chose.
<br />
<br />as with many situations, your CF clinic experience my differ from everyone else's. you need to be comfortable and you philosophy needs to mesh with your teams'.
<br />
<br />go for a second opinion (or a third or a fourth) and go with your gut.