does anyone have to take insaline shots for cf diabetes

nick9742

I am 17 (18 in October) and have been on insulin shots since I was 12. They are a hassle at first but eventually become just another normal daily routine like everything else. I'll admit for awhile when I was 15 & 16 I rarely took the shots and ended up in a diabetic coma for a day and lots of damage to my lungs after the breathing machine. So make sure you always take the insulin and make sure you are taking enough by checking your blood sugar often. I have become much more compliant now and one reason is because the doctor gave me a Novolog pen. It is so much easier than having to draw up insulin all the time and overall just makes it a lot easier for me to take it especially since I eat out a lot.

About the feeding tube, I also have one of those. It has been a life saver a few times, but I will say that I think it has caused more problems than it fixed. I guess results vary, but please try to consider it as a very last option. I've had it for 2 years now and have so many problems over it.

nick9742

I am 17 (18 in October) and have been on insulin shots since I was 12. They are a hassle at first but eventually become just another normal daily routine like everything else. I'll admit for awhile when I was 15 & 16 I rarely took the shots and ended up in a diabetic coma for a day and lots of damage to my lungs after the breathing machine. So make sure you always take the insulin and make sure you are taking enough by checking your blood sugar often. I have become much more compliant now and one reason is because the doctor gave me a Novolog pen. It is so much easier than having to draw up insulin all the time and overall just makes it a lot easier for me to take it especially since I eat out a lot.

About the feeding tube, I also have one of those. It has been a life saver a few times, but I will say that I think it has caused more problems than it fixed. I guess results vary, but please try to consider it as a very last option. I've had it for 2 years now and have so many problems over it.

nick9742

cfpatient0587

I have had my insulin pump since Jan. 06 and love. I was on the shoots and hated it cause they restriced my diet to that of a diabetics, and I lost even more wight. I would deffinatly think about, look in to, and talk to your doctor about getting one ASAP. Its quite a bit of work at first, but its worth it in the end. My choices were either take a shot everytime anything went in my month or get the pump where I change the site every 2-3 days. It was a no brainer!!

I just recently got my button/gtube. I love it, it wasnt an easy decision to make, but I was at the point where i was loseing weight so fast that I either had to get it now, or I wouldnt be here in a year. I guess Im very lucky and thank god every day that I didnt get it till i was 20. My advice is this, follow your heart, you will know when the time is right to get one. everything seems to go down the drain all at once, and thats when I knew I had no choice. I would love to continue to help in anyway you need, jsut ask!!!

cfpatient0587

I have had my insulin pump since Jan. 06 and love. I was on the shoots and hated it cause they restriced my diet to that of a diabetics, and I lost even more wight. I would deffinatly think about, look in to, and talk to your doctor about getting one ASAP. Its quite a bit of work at first, but its worth it in the end. My choices were either take a shot everytime anything went in my month or get the pump where I change the site every 2-3 days. It was a no brainer!!

I just recently got my button/gtube. I love it, it wasnt an easy decision to make, but I was at the point where i was loseing weight so fast that I either had to get it now, or I wouldnt be here in a year. I guess Im very lucky and thank god every day that I didnt get it till i was 20. My advice is this, follow your heart, you will know when the time is right to get one. everything seems to go down the drain all at once, and thats when I knew I had no choice. I would love to continue to help in anyway you need, jsut ask!!!

cfpatient0587

cfpatient0587

cfpatient0587