Does anyone know if Kalydeco would work or can be tried on other mutation?

J

jessykt

While I understand your perserverance, I highly doubt you'll be able to receive the drug. Since you do not have the G551D, Vertex wouldn't even consider sending the drug, let alone your insurance covering the $294,000 year price tag. To sign up for Kalydeco, my doctors had to send in my verification that I did indeed have G551D.

J

jessykt

While I understand your perserverance, I highly doubt you'll be able to receive the drug. Since you do not have the G551D, Vertex wouldn't even consider sending the drug, let alone your insurance covering the $294,000 year price tag. To sign up for Kalydeco, my doctors had to send in my verification that I did indeed have G551D.

Hardak

currently trials of this on DF508X are being set up, they are using this and something else (sorry i forget what exactly) in cunjunction. the DF508X mutations protines simply don't make it to the cell wall, its been known for years how to moblize the protines but not activate them at the cell wall, which Kalydeco is suppose to do. (if this is what I think it is).

Hope this info helps.

Hardak

currently trials of this on DF508X are being set up, they are using this and something else (sorry i forget what exactly) in cunjunction. the DF508X mutations protines simply don't make it to the cell wall, its been known for years how to moblize the protines but not activate them at the cell wall, which Kalydeco is suppose to do. (if this is what I think it is).

Hope this info helps.

K

Keepercjr

I don't know if I'll be able to see this since I can't seem to see the end of the thread???
Anyway, my CF nurse called back this evening. She said that the vertex rep told her today that the only way insurance will cover it is if you have the right mutation otherwise you have to pay out of pocket. I said that I know for a fact that others with different mutations have gotten it no problem through their insurance. So I asked to please prescribe it and see if the insurance will cover it. She said sure and that she will leave a note for the other CF nurse who will be in tomorrow. I can see now that that even the reps for the DRUG COMPANY (!) don't know what is going on. I'm crossing my fingers!!! I have Medco btw for prescription coverage.

K

Keepercjr

I don't know if I'll be able to see this since I can't seem to see the end of the thread???
Anyway, my CF nurse called back this evening. She said that the vertex rep told her today that the only way insurance will cover it is if you have the right mutation otherwise you have to pay out of pocket. I said that I know for a fact that others with different mutations have gotten it no problem through their insurance. So I asked to please prescribe it and see if the insurance will cover it. She said sure and that she will leave a note for the other CF nurse who will be in tomorrow. I can see now that that even the reps for the DRUG COMPANY (!) don't know what is going on. I'm crossing my fingers!!! I have Medco btw for prescription coverage.